There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Myles is 5!!!

FIVE??? REALLY?? It's amazing to think that 5 years have passed since that very special day when Myles came into this world and made me a mom. My new Years have never been the same since then! (Yes his birthday is January 1st and it is February, but I got it done....) Myles is my sweet boy who is very caring and has a lot of love for everyone. This year has been really fun to see how he's grown into the role of Natalie's protector. She adores him and he's always so sweet and gentle to her. They will have a great relationship for sure. On a different note though, I've officially entered the world of denial where I am refusing to accept the fact that he will be in kindergarten next year. If I keep pretending it won't happen then we can avoid it right? :-)
A few of my favorite quotes from Myles this year were, "Dad, you are so special. Do you know who else is special? The Easter Bunny because he poops Jelly Beans".
"I was filled with joy and my heart beated so fast!" (Said to me when I told him I would snuggle with him.
"Mom, today in gym I was pretending I was God and I was telling Aiden about me. I told him that even though he is a bad guy (They were playing bad guys as well as God....naturally) I will still love him because I am the King of Heaven".
When Myles wanted to stay up late I told him he should be tired because he didn't get a nap and he said, "Don't worry, I can handle it".
"Mom, I don't like you.....I ADORE you!!!"

Here is how quickly 5 years flies by....
 1 day old
 1 year old...Look at those cheeks and all that hair!
 2 years old!
 3 years old! It's crazy to think this is how old Ty is now.
 4 Years Old
My big 5 year old!!

This year Myles asked me for a superhero cake. This is the first year that we've done a fun cake while on the farm and it was a little hard not having all of my normal decorating stuff, but we made it work. I was really bummed because it didn't come out quite at well as I had hoped. The S wasn't perfect and the colors were NOT the bold colors that Superman is use to, but Myles liked it. When I asked him if the cake was ok he said, "No it's PERFECT Mom!" Melted my heart!!! He sure knows how to make a mama feel loved!! Can't believe how quickly these first 5 have flown by but look forward to all the new memories that we get to make together during year 5!!


1 comment:

  1. Awww... What a sweet boy! Those quotes were the best! Happy 5 Years, Myles!

    ReplyDelete