There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Friday, November 1, 2013

Gatlinburg

One of the all time highlights of our summer was getting blessed with a visit from my sister Jenny and her crew. We made a deal with Kade in January, when we left the farm after Christmas, that when he got his transplant they would come visit us in Kentucky. After he got the all clear to travel they made there way to the Blue Grass. There are simply no words to express how awesome it was to have them here and to get to take a trip with them. We decided that it would be fun to take a little trip together rather than just sitting around our house trying to find stuff to do. Gatlinburg was the place we decided on.  Plenty to do for all ages and the drive was manageable for them after just making a 14 hour drive to Kentucky.  The fact that they actually WANTED to go on a trip with my crazy crew still amazes me but I am thankful none the less. Me made some AMAZING memories and would LOVE to do another trip with them soon.
Clearly whatever they were watching was pretty good.
I think Jordan had to have gotten to a point where all the touching and being in his space had to get old. Poor Guy.
  

A little family picture time.

We LOVE hiking and there were plenty of opportunities to do that.  We did a 2 mile round trip hike and it was just enough to wear everyone out but not so far that we had any major meltdowns. There MAY have been some potty stops just off the trail, but luckily no one saw us. :-)
Nothing beats a little hiking with uncle Ken.
 

I love this picture because they look so sweet and "little boyish".  They still smile for the camera and are wearing their little animal shirts. I truly treasure this before the teenage years come.
Loving some time with our favorite Jordy.
Auntie Jenny is so much fun!
Everybody needs to walk in a creek and get wet.



Natalie and her buddy Kade!
So. Much. Fun.
We had a great time at the aquarium as well.



After our trip in TN I sent Nat home with the kids and the Clarke's and I continued on to Atlanta to visit Grandma Maynard. This woman never ceases to amaze me!!! She is 93 and still rocking!! 
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I dig my grandma so much. This is the exact face she gave me when I told her we were already thinking about baby number 5. (WE ARE NOT!!!! but when I told her we were pregnant with Tessa she said she thought we had enough already and then she told me to promise her that 4 was enough.) So yes, I nearly gave her a heart attack. We did make Tessa's middle name her name though, so she knows we love her. :-)
Seriously, she is the classiest woman I know!! These boys are pretty darn handsome too!!

These boots are made for walking!
Lots of smiles here and then lots of tears when they left. It honestly hurt when they left. Priceless memories!!! Can't wait for our next adventure together!

1 comment: