There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

January Photo Session Year 4!!!

About three years ago I was stuck inside during the cold days of winter and decided I needed to do a little photo shoot with the boys. I've decided this was a fun thing to keep up and since we had yet another snow day, (We have had 16 total!!!!!) I used the day to it's fullest by forcing asking the kids to pose for some pics. The pictures are by no means professional quality, but we did them together and had some crazy moments that I'll never forget, and that's what I love about them. When I was getting this post ready, I was going to just post the pics I took  and move on. I decided I NEEDED to go back and see how much they've grown and couldn't miss the chance to compare them all. This photo shoot I didn't go with the white shirts and green background like before and I totally regret it, but I DID get 4 kids coordinating and sitting for a picture, so let's focus on the victory here. I really wish we could have taken a video of the entire event because it had to have been a sight. I danced, shook a container of M&M's, bribed, and finally begged until it was done. I was sweating and they were over it, but there were many giggles during it all. Still, I'm really happy we only do this once a year.






















 



 
 
 

 Some days life just seems to FLY by and with all the necessary, mundane things that just have to get done like making meals, dishes, laundry, packing book bags, I get so busy I don't SEE these sweet faces as much as I should and want to. I SEE them, but I don't connect like I want to. It takes a post like this just reminds me that the laundry will ALWAYS be there....cereal for dinner is not going to ruin them.....Facebook will always have 100 new posts no matter what day it is...and the house will never really be clean enough or organized enough for my standards. The one thing that WON'T always be the same are these four little blessings. Tonight is going to be an unplugged/hide and go seek/book reading/baby snuggling kind of night.

Here are a few of the out takes that I just had to add.

  Tess was clearly not feeling the photo shoot at first. Luckily, she quickly got into the spirit. I love how both boys have their "buddies" and are taking care of them.

 This is her "Go Get 'Em Pose!
THIS is what it's all about for me as a mom. Raising my little lambs to be buddies and tackle the world TOGETHER.
She will hate me for this one day, but this is reality....

This girls CRACKS ME UP people....
 Clearly we had reached our breaking point.....
 
Some days seem to take forever, but the years FLY by.

5 comments:

  1. These are so good Laura. Can I just say - your make some beautiful babies? Seriously - such little stunners and beauties. Love all the pictures but the big one of all four? To.Die.For. So good. I'm with ya - it's hard to slow down, but when I do I'm so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMY!! These are absolutely precious! I love seeing the old pictures too. I'm super impressed that you got all 4 kids to look and smile at the same time! That's like seeing a unicorn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Thank you for putting it in perspective. You did great with the group picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the pictures and your thoughts! I have to slow myself down often and remember to connect to my kids. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete