There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Keys...Oh how you can cause me pain...

Ever have one of those days when you wish you could just go back to bed and start the day all over again? We just had one of those days in the Mitchell house. The issue at hand.....this lovely set of keys.

Adding Natalie to our already crazy crew had been an adjustment for all of us, but one that has gone really smoothly in my opinion. The hardest part of it all has been the lack of sleep we have gotten. Although I feel tired a lot, I thought I had it all together. I was reminded quite loudly that that was not the case one wonderful Thursday afternoon. Twice a month I get to take part in a wonderful meeting with other lovely moms for fellowship and relaxing. This Thrusday was like all the rest. I took the kids with me and dropped them at the church daycare and then went to the meeting. 2.5 glorious hours later I went to get my kiddos. As I was walking up the stairs I just felt like I was missing something. After getting both the boys (Natalie goes to the meetings with me) I realized what was missing.....my keys. Luckily I never lock the van, yep this is an open invite to steal it. The van is OLD and had more things wrong with it than right with it. That being said I need to say THANK YOU mom and dad for letting us borrow it :-) Really though, if someone wants to steal my car, go ahead, you have to answer to something much bigger than myself. So anyway, I put the kids in the van and tried to play it cool assuming the keys were on the floor somewhere or next to Ty's car seat where I typically put them when unstrapping him. After a good 5 min, which seemed like 30 min I realized they weren't there and the leaders are starting to leave the building. Pretty sure they all know I am a cluster who wants SO BADLY to feel like she has it all together so they played it cool and said they were probably right in the meeting room. 3 of us looked and NOTHING....So 2 of them offered to go in the daycare room and look for them....NOTHING. The best part of the entire story is that since we are borrowing this van from mom and dad, we only have 1 set of keys. We weren't planning on keeping it this long and never got the second set or had a spare made. After tons of searching my NUMEROUS ladies I decided to take my crew home since they were having their lunch time meltdowns. What do you do when you don't have a car? You walk....LUCKILY we live a whole 2 blocks from the church and recently installed a gate in our back fence so we COULD walk to church if we wanted to. How perfect is that ? I must point out that many ladies offered to give us a ride, but a nice humbling walk home was what I chose over a humbling ride home. :-)
After getting home I called Nat and told him all about my adventure and he said, "what should I do about it?"  I don't know...tell me you actually had a spare key made without me knowing :-) He hadn't so mom and dad were sweet enough and had a key mailed to us. The key got here on Saturday and thankfully (or not) the van was still in the parking lot and had not been towed. We then got a call from one of the ladies who was helping me look for the keys and said they were found!!! They had fallen UNDER the check in counter in Ty's daycare room! I honestly felt so relieved that they weren't in the can in some really obvious place. So in the end I was made well aware that I DON'T have it all together, but I guess that is just kinda who I am. I want desperately to feel like I do, but I will gradually have to accept that I don't. I am hoping that God at least is getting a good chuckle at the cluster that I am!!
Celebrating the keys being found!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment