There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

Amanda helped the boys make these cute little critters. They were some kind of tasty!
Oh how I LOVE this time of year. Although things seem to get a bit crazy with all the preparations for the holidays, it is SO worth it in the end. Right now the idea of sitting at mom and dad's with the a fire in the fireplace and all the kids running around just calms me like nothing else can. I need to slow down though and not get ahead of myself. This year's Thanksgiving was obviously extra special since our sweet girl was added to our little family.  We felt so lucky to get invited to the Baeslers' house for Thanksgiving. They are always so sweet and really are a great example of "family" being about who loves you and not necessarily who you are related to.  Myles found out that he has a new love for cranberry sauce thanks to Miss Jaye. Ty was not as fond of the Thanksgiving food, but the boy did eat his weight in grapes! Miss Jaye obviously has the best grapes in town.

David showing why he is the best grandpa in town!
Ty has really turned a corner with Natalie in the last 2 weeks. He is actually kissing her and calling her sweety. It is so cute because it sounds like Thweety and he says it in the highest voice he can come up with. She takes all the loving from the boys like a champ. I think she knows they have good intentions. :-)

Our Little Family ~Thanksgiving 2011
Nat has a tradition of making his own turkey and is insanely possessive about it. This year was no different. He made a TWENTY pound turkey for us himself. That's right...20lbs. I don't like turkey at all. I really have tried numerous times and just don't see what the hype is all about. A honey ham.....now that's a different story....Back on topic. So Nat has an entire list of food that MUST be a part of his Thanksgiving feast. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and Grand's biscuits. Hello starch filled meal. :-) Anything else is just extra, but these things must be there. While he was making the meal, I the Macy's parade that I had taped from Thursday and was doing my best to watch it with the boys. It really was the best decision ever because I was able to fast forward through all the commercials. I was also able to pause it and give Nat the stink eyes when he was mocking me for enjoying it. The entire 4 days of Nat being home was SO wonderful and just what our family needed!!
Thumbs up on dad's cooking. And YES we stayed in Jammies ALL DAY!!
Thanksgiving is exhausting!

He was trying to give a thumbs up as well!!Maybe by next year he will have it.
He thought she was cold so he was covering her up. He didn't know I was taking his picture.

My sweet little turkey.
Welcome back running shoes. Oh how I have missed you!! This weekend was the first time I got to run again in far too long. It was nothing spectacular, but it felt WONDERFUL and I have been loving every run since then.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for those running shoes! I've been doing some yoga and am looking forward to getting a workout routine back in place too. I love too that Nat gave you the stink-eye for watching the parade... I got the same thing from Bryan. :)

    ReplyDelete