There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Far from Perfect

I really wanted to get some good pictures of the kids because they are all kind of at the "half age" marks. 4.5, 2.5 and .5(ish). I think that I have officially reached the point where I need someone else to help me just to get them "focused". I took all these pics on our front step and didn't think much of it until I chatted with one of our neighbors that night. He informed me that he and his wife got extreme enjoyment out of sitting in the window watching me from across the street. (Apparently the duck call I was using to get Natalie to smile drew his attention to the window in the first place. I will do anything for a good smile). He went on to tell me how funny I looked and how much fun they had watching me. Glad SOMEONE found me entertaining because my kids obviously don't. I really didn't get any AMAZING pictures that day and I was bummed, but I did get a few that are funny and really the pictures do capture EXACTLY where we are in life right now. We are FAR from perfect and we are RARELY focused so WHY do I think my pictures will be that way....Wishful thinking I guess. Either way, the pictures are FAR from perfect but the kids in them are the best thing I have ever done in my life. Thank you God for giving me them and for the craziness of every day. 
 "Mom...How do you expect me to focus on anything except this massive pom pom you put on my head?"
 "Heck NO I won't smile AND look at the camera at the same time."
 "Just a minute mom, I need to get the pb&j out of my teeth."
 "No, this pose feels totally natural mom. Can't you see how happy I am."
 "Where am I suppose to look again?"
 "I'm just so excited I can't even stand it!!"
 LOVE THIS PICTURE. Another spontaneous kiss from Ty. TOTALLY worth him "messing up" the shot. Far better picture than I could have asked for.
 "Please God get this crazy woman to stop trying to make me smile. PLEASE."
 "OK...No more Miss Nice Girl...I....AM......DONE!!"


 Myles Jacob 
4.5 Years Old
Tyler James
2.5 Years Old
Natalie Faith
7 Months Old

6 comments:

  1. I love these pictures! You did well. :) And those candid shots are always the ones I end up loving the most anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pictures are adorable!! The expressions are priceless. I wonder where you could have gotten a duck call? Hmmmm.... Miss you lots! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris- I wish I had more wall space simply so I could hang all the fun and crazy pics of my kids. :-)

    Jen- You KNOW you all are the BEST gift givers ever. Pretty sure our visit only made us miss you more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you know why customers have 20+ images to choose from and I get ONE each of my kids and I'm EXCITED! It took me three months to get Isaac's 2 year pictures. I cannot do it by myself. The last time I had a session I had Nate come to help with Isaac. I got TWO shots I'm happy with so I called it a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are PERFECT!! Loved them all. Made me smile and laugh and say ahhhh, all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...so, we miss you already. Trev wants to visit in August. Can we make that work? He'll bring his duck calls!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete