There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Why I've Been Absent

I am totally aware that I have been slacking on my blogging lately, but I have a very good reason beyond just being busy with 3 kiddos.... I was busy with FOUR kiddos. :-)We had the opportunity to help out some friends of ours who also do foster care. They got the call asking if they could take a newborn in. They have 2 biological kids and 1 foster daughter whom they have had for a year now. Because both parents work they need someone to do daycare for them since a newborn can't go to daycare until they have had their first round of shots at about 6 weeks. So I said yes and figured it was a good chance to see if we can handle a newborn if we were asked to when we open up our home in July. We will call her baby Sophie because that is the name I think would fit her. It obviously isn't her name and just for privacy reasons I won't ever use a foster child's real name. Well baby Sophie fit right in and did very well. I'm not going to lie and say it was easy, but I learned it was totally doable as long as there was some major planning. I had to make sure to feed one baby before the other one got too hungry or there would be some MAJOR crying going on. It also showed me that there was almost NO TIME....I mean NONE for "extra" stuff like blogging or facebook. It was all worth it though and we love that we have great friends who can help us out when we start our foster care journey.
After having Sophie for a week we got ready and headed to MN for 2 weeks which was WONDERFUL as always. Natalie and I even got to sneak a trip in to California with a lot of my family. Now we are back home and will have Sophie full time for 10 days while her foster family is on vacation. I will work on updating my blog as much as possible. There are so many fun things to share!!

Natalie and her new best friend!

2 comments:

  1. You and I both know there is a fine line between amazing and crazy. I think I fall on the crazy side of that line. :-) Love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete