There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Indiana Fun

This past weekend Little Man, Mini Man, and I loaded up the car and headed to Indiana to visit my AMAZING friend Adrienne and her family. The trip was WAY too short, but was well worth it. It just got me excited for he next trip. Adrienne and Matthew just moved to Indiana after he got a job transfer. They are the ones who SO GRACIOUSLY took care of the boys every week while we went to foster care meetings. I adore her and the kids love each other as well. To say that I was devestated when she left is an understatement, but God has his reasons and we are sticking to that to keep us sane. :-) The kids really could not have had more fun. They played outside for HOURS, got to eat pizza, and Myles even got to sleep in Landin's tent. I was excited because I got to have Duggar movie night again and eat ice cream while discussing all things Duggar to anyone who would listen. They also introduced me to a new show, "Swamp People". I'm not hooked yet, but did enjoy it thoroughly. I even got introduced to hamburgers from 5 Guys. I'm not sure if you have ever had one of these burgers before, but for a pregnant lady, it is a little bit of heaven. I almost felt like I was at the state fair.  They were amazing. So between GREAT company, good food, fun activities, I would say this trip was a HUGE SUCCESS!!! The only hard part of the trip was when Myles woke up from his nap in the car and realized his buddy Landin wasn't at his house waiting for him. I have never seen my Little Man so distraught before. He just kept crying "Mommy, I sad cause Landin's not here to play with me. I just so sad." Then he would just burst into tears and we would rock together. Poor Little Man.
Pizza Time!
Helping Matthew with some lawn work.

Two Peas in a Pod.
The weather was PERFECT for some baseball.

Of course Ty was not far behind.
Driving Lauren's sweet ride.

"5 Guys" for lunch. See how happy they are!
Ty, Myles, Landin, and Lauren. Who knew they could sit so still!

1 comment:

  1. 5 guys are the bomb!! Just had it last week in Rochester!

    Take Care,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete