There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of "School"

Myles started his 1st day of "school" yesterday at our church. I struggled with whether or not to send him to the program because a.) I'm not ready to accept that he isn't a baby b.) As a teacher I felt I could teach him everything that they are teaching him and it wouldn't cost us anything. c) I always thought sending your kids to "school" when they were 2 or 3 seemed excessive. After just one day I can tell he is going to love it and it will be GREAT for him. The socializing alone is going to be worth it and I am realizing very quickly that learning from other people is a lot easier than me trying to teach him right now. One of my biggest worries about the entire program was making sure he was awake and in a decent mood before 9am classes started. It's a good thing it's only 2 days a week and we only have to drive 1 block to get there so we don't need to leave all too early.:-) So far though we have done well. By the time he got home at noon he was yawning up a storm.
For his first day of school breakfast we had eggs and strawberries. He ate all his eggs and then asked for more. In my laziness I asked if there was ANYTHING else he wanted, even a Poptart, and he said all he wanted was more eggs. So I made a second batch of them and he ate those too! No concerns about being hungry for the first day!
 I LOVE how sweet he looks here. This was the only picture I could get without having Ty sneak in.
 Ty is yelling CHEESE right along with Myles. I think he was just as excited. The one benefit to having Myles in school 2 days a week is that I get 3 hours of just Ty and Mommy time that I haven't really ever gotten. He is a lot less needy when is brother is not there to bug him.

Here is what Myles learned on his first day of school. He said that circles were really hard to keep on the lines. :-) I am going to try to take pictures of his school work rather than keeping them all and having the clutter. I will have to keep a few though. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I seriously just saw him a few days ago and he already looks older!!! What a big boy! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear it's the haircut. That is why I leave it shaggy as long as I can stand it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! It's hard not to keep every little paper. But you want to remember all those "scribbles" for as long as possible! He looks like such a grown boy with his back-pack on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So handsome!! I agree with you -- I think it would be very hard to teach your own kid (for many reasons). When you see what they bring home and hear what they are learning, it makes the money totally worth it. AND you still have your sanity!!
    I like the picture idea of his work -- now you need to scrapbook :)

    ReplyDelete