There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

4 Generations

Grandma Maynard and her girls

A few weeks ago I decided I was going to get motivated and take Natalie to Atalanta to meet my grandma for the first time. Grams is 91 and still sharp as ever. When she was with the boys she never once got their names mixed up and was just so on the ball. She always cracks me up because you never have to wonder where you stand with her. She says what is on her mind at all times. When she is done with a phone call or visit she tells you and that is the end of that. I actually find it kind of refreshing. :-) Another highlight of the trip was getting to meet my cousins "new" daughter. You will see that Eli is not so "new" anymore, but with all of our travels this summer we had not gotten to GA to meet her yet. She is maybe one of the sweetest little girls I have EVER met. She loved the boys and Myles was really in love with her. I look forward to Natalie having a little friend on the Maynard side to grow up with.




My Little Day Lilies
My aunt Barb had the great idea of taking us to the arboretum and they had a WONDERFUL kids' section that  boys loved. Ty found places to climb and Myles was able to explore so they were two happy boys.

I always love when we have the chance to ride a cow. Especially when they are wearing boxers!
Ty Loves his new buddy.
Meeting Grams for the first time. Pretty sure they were bonded. I just hope Natalie grows up to be as classy as my Grams. Just look at her....Silk shirt and dress pants are her daily attire. Here I am happy put on jeans and not stretchy pants. LOVE this woman!
Grams and a few of her great grandchildren.
Grams was totally intrigued by the books my mom gave the boys for Christmas. It is one where you record your voice reading the story. My boys LOVE listening to Nana's voice and not mine and I love that they can just sit and listen with them and have a break from reading.

Here are the pizzas the boys made for themselves....Myles used every single piece of peperoni and Ty doesn't even like tomatoes...
er w
Natalie and her Great Uncle Doug. They were bonding ov

2 comments:

  1. What WONDERFUL pictures!!! I LOVE the 4 generations one! I miss you guys already - you are the best :-) LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try the Tag Reader for Myles. I bet he'd love it. Jack got one last year for Christmas and this year he got a set of books that works on certain vowel sounds! Really cool and they are great to use in the car too. :)

    ReplyDelete