There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easter

"Only" 2 weeks late on this one. Better late than never though.....right?  We hosted Easter again this year for the Mitchell crew as well as the McCauley's. This year was a SO exciting for two reasons. Last year I announced to my family I was pregnant and this year we have our sweet baby girl with us for real. Another thing that was fantastic about this Easter was that Myles knew the REAL meaning of Easter and was totally excited about it. I would love to say I'm some really knowledgeable Christian mom who taught him well, but all of the credit goes to his teachers at his preschool program. I was so nervous to tell him about Jesus dying and how horribly he was treated and I couldn't figure out how to explain the whole rising again thing......So instead we kind of just skipped it and talked about how much we love Jesus and that He is the reason we celebrate. (Great plan right?) Well one night we were reading his little Bible right before bed and he says to me, "Mom, did you know Jesus was arrested and he did nothing wrong? Then they killed him too". My stomach got tight and I tried to figure out what to say....I had nothing because I was SO not prepared for it. I think I said something like, I did know that. Where did you learn that? And all matter of fact he said, "Miss Michelle told us." (This is his teacher from school whom he adores). We then started to chat about the basics of what happened and he told me that after three days (Holding up 3 fingers) Jesus rose again. I was so proud and so excited (not only did he know it, but he wasn't all scared and freaked out like I thought he would be....So much for my instincts...) It was an amazing time to talk to him about it and really take time to thank Jesus for giving us his Son and for Jesus to lay down his life for OUR sins.

All dressed up for Easter services.
Man I love those little faces!
Loving he sweet Easter dress.
Cutest Easter Bunny I know!
The crew of boys, and Nate, ready for an Easter egg hunt!
He learned quickly that the eggs that looked like a sports ball had candy in them so that was all he would pick up. Smart Boy!!
Getting some extra help from Miss Lisa
Bryce was pretty pumped.

Nothing better than an Easter egg hunt to make this little guy smile!
A yummy treat from our neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment