There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's day

Mother's day this year takes the cake as the BEST Mother's Day ever!!! I had all sorts of plans to get the garden planted, get yard work done, and use my "special day" for getting stuff accomplished. There was a 50% chance of rain and I was really optimistic that it wouldn't be an issue because we haven't see rain hardly at all lately. Well 50% turned into 100% overnight and we had rain from 8am until we went to bed. So there went my plans. God OBVIOUSLY had better plans for my day than I did. Since it was raining I got to sleep in and be woken up by the best looking boys that I have ever seen. They brought me eggs, REAL waffles, (Not the frozen ones) an apple, and juice. Myles then saw how much fun this whole breakfast in bed thing was so he went and got his waffles and he and Ty joined me for breakfast in bed.
One running joke we have is that Nat typically doesn't get me a gift for Mother's Day because he says "I'm not his Mom". This year he really went above and beyond and got a new picture frame with cork board on it. (Dude actually went into Hobby Lobby to buy this!!!! That is HUGE!) He printed pics of all the kids and then put all kinds of "Love It" comics on it that pertained to mothers. Those are our favorite comics.  My favorite part of the entire gift was the thinking behind it. He said we could add pics as we got good ones but he got a really big frame so we could add pictures of our foster kids as soon they come. It's ALL about the ideas behind the gift and less about the gift itself if you ask me.
So much cooler in person. :-)
Nat then took the boys to the grocery store and got my grocery list and I got to have one on one time with Natalie. I put some good music on and she and I swayed to the music until she fell asleep in my arms. It was HEAVEN!! We finished the night with Nat's homemade chicken nuggets which are so unhealthy and SO yummy.
I kind of wish Mother's Day could happen twice a year, but even if it never happened I would still have to say that I have the BEST job in the world. I get to see these monkeys growing and learning everyday. I will never regret missing out on being a part of the "cool working world" to stay home and be a part of all this craziness.



2 comments:

  1. So sweet - love his gift: good job Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving being home right now & am totally jealous that you get to do it all the time! And Nat did great on that gift! Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete