There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sewing Fun

Now that I have a little girl, sewing has become a whole new experience. Little girl dresses are so much fun to make that I dusted off my trusty sewing machine and am reteaching myself all the sewing basics. I've done a couple basic projects that I found online and am in love with the pillowcase dress. It's crazy how easy it is to find tutorials for almost any project you could think of online. My favorite thing is when you find the video to go with it! The only problem I'm having right now is finding the TIME to sit down and sew. I find myself going in streaks. I will really get into a project for a week and then I take a couple weeks off. I have currently invaded Nat's office and have set up my sewing machine in there and am LOVING being able to have the machine up at all times. It makes it a lot easier to be able to start a project and leave it out rather than having to put everything away each night like I had to do when I was using the kitchen table. Here is my little model in her new dresses that her mama made.

HERE are the links I used to make my dresses if you wanted to use them.
Little Big Girl Studio   and Crafty Gemini



I made a dress for our sweet neighbor and since she is the same age as Ty I made him try it on so I knew it would fit her. I totally bribed him with jelly beans to get him to put it on. He is TOTALLY going to kill me when he's 16 and I bring this picture out, but SOOO worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Love those dresses! I hope to have more time for some fun projects this summer. You'll have to send me the link for the tutorial you used. :)

    ReplyDelete