There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, April 15, 2013

It's Been a While

It's been a while.... As in TWO months!!! I am beyond embarrassed that my poor blog has been neglected so much, especially since I had just gotten done saying I was "back on board" with being up to date. :-) But I WILL sat that I had two BIG events that slowed up my computer time dramatically. The first was that AMAZING unexpected trip to Minnesota to be with my family as my nephew got a heart transplant. There are no words to describe the gratitude we all feel to the donor's family as well as the amazing doctors and nurses who took such good care of Kade. I always knew my sister was a good mom, but this experience elevated her to "saint status" in my book. I felt so blessed to be able to spend time with her during this time and learned SO MUCH about being a devoted mom. She is simply AMAZING!!!
The second big event that we have to share about is...........
Yep, we are officially joining the crazy train! We feel BEYOND blessed already seeing these three smiling faces and to have a fourth on the way we can't do anything but thank God for these blessing. We are all to aware of the struggles many people face to have just one child and we do not take our blessing for granted for a second. I made these shirts for the kids because my dad calls my kids his One, Two, Threes. I skyped with my parents and told them I made these shirts for the kids for when we're on the farm this summer and then showed them the #4 onsie.  The best part was that even though this is our 4th they were just as excited for this baby as they were for our first. That truly meant the world to me.
I did assure my grandma that we would stop after this because I was pretty sure she was going to have a heart attack if I didn't reassure her of this. She said "Well I surely hope so!". Oh how I love her brutal honesty!
One goal I have with the monthly belly shots is to include the kids in them since they seem to grow as fast as my belly does!! Natalie was sleeping when this pic was taken but will be added to the upcoming pics! And now that I am through the sickness stage of the pregnancy I will do my best to keep my blog better updated!!


5 comments:

  1. Woohoo- so glad we are on the train together... And that you're a step ahead of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you back on the blog! I have missed all your sweet faces. Cute belly pics!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS!! Congratulations!!! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats my friend! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! You're having another baby?! Yay for your growing family! So happy for you all! Miss your conversation and laughter at school, but it's wonderful to see how blessed you've been in the years since you left STMA. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete