There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Natalie the Incredible

Natalie has become quite the little adventurer. People really don't quite get HOW crazy she is until they spend some time with us. She is a non-stop mover. We've put child safety locks on every cabinet door in the kitchen as well as removed all the chairs from the dining room table while not actually being used. She cracks me up because she sees these as minor obstacles to be conquered rather than something to stop her. She may be bitty, but man she is TOUGH and AGILE! The best part of all of it is that no matter how many times I have to take her town from the table or clean up an entire water bottle poured on the floor she just smiles her sweet smile. Rarely does she fuss as we take her away from her adventure. This is probably because she's just planning on how to get higher and faster the next time! Enjoy some of the pictures I've captured of her adventures. Some are not the best quality because they are on my phone and I was running to grab her before a doctor visit became necessary.  (I also like looking back at these pics because it shows how much she has grown in the last 3 months!)
 Ninja Natalie!!
 

I can't get her to eat real food, but cardboard is a favorite!! 

 
 Doing some reading thanks to Uncle Brian.
This was the very first time she got onto the dining room table. Unfortunately, it wasn't the last. Clearly she wanted to hang from the chandelier since it was so cool looking.We had since replaced that nasty thing and she likes the new one just as much.
 She was upset I didn't give her some pages to color so she took matters into her own hands and got her own pictures.
 I was cleaning the van and the kids were playing in the garage with me. I couldn't find her for a second and came around the van to find she had CLIMBED IN IT all by herself. This girl knows how to take control!!
 You know....just standing on the train table. Nothin big.
 Another moment of panic when I couldn't find her. She was just IN the craft bin I was trying to clean out.

 One of her favorite spots to "hide" was in her room ON her changing table. I caught her in the act here, but she learned she could climb up on the clothes hamper, get up on the changing table, and then she could get her paci.  She would sit there for the longest time waiting for me to get her. She couldn't care less, she had the coveted paci!! I finally did figure out that if I moved the hamper she couldn't get up there.
This one really as a bit over the top even for Natalie. While I was helping Myles in the bathroom, Natalie climbed up to the table where we'd been working on homework and 1.) Got the lid off of the water bottle 2) dumped the water bottle out on the table and all over the homework 3) Filled the water bottle with the colored pencils. I can't even make this stuff up. This is the main reason the chairs NEVER get left by the table anymore unless someone is sitting ON them.
 Hanging Myles' homework up to dry.


So the boys broke one part of the window on the entertainment center. Natalie figured since we lock the entertainment center and she wanted in she would just climb in and get what she wanted. She quickly figured out it was not her best plan.
Getting her to SIT in her high chair is nearly impossible if it doesn't have the shoulder straps because she is so bitty she just twists out of the strap in seconds. We have since brought back out the big high chair with shoulder straps.
Just helping me clean out the drawers.
I just had to add these because she looks so girly. :-)

Even though we can't get her to eat most regular food we did find that she LOVES salsa.....I will NEVER figure this girl out. Daddy sure was happy!!

So this picture MAY have been staged, but I fully expect it to happen some time in the near future.


I had to conclude my "Natalie the Incredible Post" with our new favorite video of Natalie. She loves to sing Row Row Row You Boat. I videoed her with my phone and turned it so she could watch herself as she was singing. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!













1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love it. I can not wait to hang out with all of you!!! We will not be able to leave the girls alone together though. :) Maddy is nearly the same way... a crazy climber! She knows how to do things that I don't think Jack ever thought about doing at her age.

    ReplyDelete