There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

25 weeks!

I have officially passed the 25 week mark!! I haven't written much about this pregnancy so far so I thought I better do that before it's almost over! This pregnancy has been going really quite smoothly and I am very thankful for that! ( I say this now that I am far enough away from the morning sickness stage to have sort of forgotten it :-) Really though, there haven't been any major surprises or scares at all. I have to laugh at how much more at ease I am with being pregnant. By the 3rd one I know what's big enough to cause alarm and what just has to be toughed through. I have been really trying to cherish this pregnancy a bit more as we are "planning" on this being our last. (I know God is the one who makes the REAL plans so I won't get to cocky here and say it is our last, but this mama is absolutely ok with having her body back to herself, AND we know that adoption is something we are very passionate about so this doesn't mean our family is done growing). I digress....I do know that with this pregnancy I feel more in awe of what God does for us and the miracle of it all. I CHERISHED the ultrasound and getting to see a sneak peak at our littlest one and was just amazed at how REAL it was and how there was NO QUESTION that it was a little being and not just a "fetus". Lately Tiny Baby has been really stretching out and it has been a welcome change from the little flutters. Now I know it has to be a heel or an elbow. Makes me smile every time. Because I had such different pregnancies with both my boys I'm not going to even try to predict what I am having this time. I do know that I am carrying higher than I did with the boys, but beyond that I would not put any money on whether it was a boy or girl.
Last week we finally gave in and told Myles that I was pregnant and there was a baby in my belly. The only real reason we were holding off was because he is such a thinker and asks SO many questions and I don't know how to answer the baby questions yet. He wanted to wrestle with me and he was getting too rough so we decided to tell him. He was interested but didn't say too much....until today as we were driving home from church. He asked me to turn around and get him and I said I couldn't because my tummy hurt. Really my hips hurt from a day of just doing too much. Then he says, "Why does your belly have to rip open?" I was confused and asked him what he meant. He clarified with "Why does your belly have to rip open to get the baby out?" I being a rookie at this kind of stuff said, "My belly won't have to rip open to get the baby out". (I thought this would be reassuring to him) He then asks what is obvious to all of you, "How does the baby come out then?" I asked Nat for help and he said it was up to me...thanks!!! And then God helped me out and placed a police officer with his lights going on the side of the road and I was able to distract Myles with the shiny lights and police officer until we made it safely home and could TOTALLY change the subject. SOOOO if anyone has some good answers to these baby questions that have been asked or ones you know will come up, PLEASE help a girl out!! Never a dull moment!!
25 Weeks

My Little Man

2 comments:

  1. Ny answer is Mommy has a special part for babies. And thankfully none of my kids have asked to see it!! I did correct Avery though and tell her milk doesn't come from my tummy. So now she is correctly feeding her baby dolls! You are looking good!!! And it I have really been trying to cherish my baby's movement too. So thankful to feel the kicking and boxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I had a C-section with Lauren and could just say that that doctor opened up my belly and got Lauren out. Landin did want to see the incision alot in the beginning...but hey...at least he wasn't asking to see any other parts.

    ReplyDelete