There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

MN visitors


This week was a busy one around the Mitchell house. We worked crazy hard at getting our NEW spare bedroom finished so we could have visitors come and they could have their own space. It was ALL worth it when we got our first visitors the day after we finished the room. I can't tell you how excited I was to have my AWESOME and AMAZING friend T and her son Chris come to visit. (T's real name is Dawn, but I really don't know the last time I called her that. She calls me Mitchell and since her last name is Tveitbakk and I am lazy, I call her T)....Back on topic....It was so much fun to be able to show her the house after a year and a half of me venting to her about all the craziness that we have put ourselves through. While she was here the heat was insane, but it didn't stop the boys from having a blast the entire time. Myles was insane with his laughing and running around and is already asking when he can go to Chris' house. T and I pretty much talked from the moment she got here until the moment she left. The funny thing was that I still thought of 100 things I wanted to talk about after she left. Imagine that :-)


 There is just something about boys and a sandbox. They were so creative in what they were making or digging up. They also were super annoyed with Ty who kept trying to break every castle they made or digging up their treasures. Poor Ty just isn't quite big enough to play with the big kids. Soon enough. He LOVES to "swim" in the sand and I haven't really been able to stop him. I've decided to pick my battles.

Ty doing his sandbox swimming.
With a smile like that, it's REALLY hard to get too annoyed.
 The boys decided that they wanted to play garbage men. They were so into it and it was hilarious to listen to their conversation. They started to take toys and said they were taking them for the garbage. I wasn't really paying attention to what they were taking or the quantity. I was just enjoying the fact that they were having so much fun together and T and I were able to just talk it up. The picture above is what I THOUGHT they has taken into the room. The picture below is what they actually took in. The t.v. stand was COMPLETELY empty when they started. :-) So funny!!

Love that smile!!
Three little trouble makers FOR SURE! 

Nothing better than time with GOOD friends!! 

3 comments:

  1. I recently started checking your blog again and low and behold, I see T and the Bean. Whoda thunk it? I am glad you ladies got to hang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your spare bedroom looks great. You'll have to post a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dit- You and I both know that giddiness that I felt to the core of my soul the entire time she was here. It was SO fantastic.

    Christy- I will work on that as soon as you work on having that baby so I can find out what he/she is! :-)

    ReplyDelete