There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Zinsfest 2011

Zinsfest has quickly become one of my favorite times of year. It is a chance for my hardworking farming family to take a break and just enjoy time together. This year was obviously a little different for me since Nat was not with us. I didn't have a lot of  "me time" to sit and hang out since I didn't have Nat to help with nap times and wrangling kids. I really missed getting the extra time to catch up with everyone, but was SO happy I was able to be there for the parts that I was there for. It feels like we are really getting a fun, smooth routine going with the reunion. We started the weekend off with a cookout at Roger's house. This was a GREAT time to just sit and talk with everyone. My cousins from California came and brought a few more siblings this year. I haven't seen some of them in over 5 years. It was fun reminiscing about Grandma and Grandpa's farm. Myles and Ty had lots of fun playing with all the kids and seeing the cows.  Myles even found a super soaker and managed to soak a few people until mom stepped in and ruined all the fun. :-)
Ty and Lenny were cleaning the garden...
Kade and Ty shooting some hoops.
Pretty sure no one was happy to see him with this...Look at how proud he is.
Saturday we did our 5k walk/run.The weather was gorgeous and everyone did a great job. Dad even placed in his division. I was really proud of all my aunts and uncles who ran. For some it was the first road race they had done in YEARS!! Awesome.

Ty worked so hard during the 5k walk he was just tuckered out.

After the race we went back the Jeff and Sue's where the boys enjoyed horses, pigs, and a rock pile that seemed to be Myles' favorite new toy. I had to take the boys back for naps and missed the entire cornhole tournament which was quite the disappointment, but next year I will be there for sure. Funny thing was that Dad and Irene ended up as one of the top two teams and both of them were not even going to play!!! They were hiding their talents all along.
Chatting it up with Sue and Jeff's horses.
Uncle Jerry is the best at getting kids to do things they don't think they can do.
Asking Jeff all about the pigs.

Irene was showing her skills.
Dad kept telling me he "was no good" at corn hole. LIAR!!
Myles, Ty, Kate, and Ann on the beloved rock pile.
Who needs fancy games? All we need is a hammer, log, and some nails and we have fun for hours!
Parade time is always a good time. We had to find a new place for the family to sit so that we could all be together, but we found it and really love it. I still don't know who likes the parade more, the kids or the "adults". Usually the floats get heckled pretty hard from us, and the candy is secretly snatched from the kids.
Stacey and I with our little guys.
Excited kiddos ready for some candy.
Dad and his siblings.
He was getting pretty good at grabbing that candy.
Proof of the heckling that went on. We want our free candy!
Teddy with his pockets full of candy.
Ty sat really well for the entire parade. I was impressed.
I love this picture. Kim and Stacey and I have been so close since we were babies and now we are getting to be moms at the same time and with all boys!! Love Love LOVE the time we get to spend together.


Uncle Jeff filled up a pool with water and then added bubbles! Myles was in heaven!
As another Zinsfest came to an end, I was sad with how fast it went, but am already looking forward to next year when Nat will be with us again.
A great weekend with family makes us tired and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment