There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Florida Trip

I have been slipping on my blog a bit and I am CERTAIN some of you are wondering if Myles ever made it back from Florida yet. (Can you feel the sarcasm). Well rest assured he did make it back with lots of stories to tell. I think it was an AWESOME learning experience for both Nat and I. We realized we really are better parents when we are together and able to be a team. Nat also learned WHY I do some of the things I do as a mom and that they aren't as silly as he had originally thought.
Myles started out the week LOVING every second of the beach. When I told him on Monday I was missing him and ready for him to come home he said,"I can' t come home yet. I'm having too much fun". By Wednesday he told me he really missed me and by Thursday he was crying on the phone that he wanted to come home NOW! I felt so badly for Nat at that point because there was nothing he could do about it. Sometimes a little man just needs his mom. It was a hard trip for Myles since he was gone from me for the longest time since he was a baby, he didn't have very many of his toys, and there were no kids there for him to play with. I do know he had a blast though and I am so happy he and Nat got to have some one-on-one time. I know I was surely ready for him to come home though. I am hoping we will get to do this trip next year as an entire family, but also think about having THREE kids at the beach for a week could be interesting. We shall see.

This is literally 5 minutes after they got to the beach. Myles went straight for his suitcase and was ready to go.
I swear that little boys could play in the sand for HOURS every single day and not get tired of it. I know at out house the sandbox was by far the best addition we had to playtime.

This is some good sleeping going on!
Nat took Myles to his very first movie while they were there to try to distract him from the fact that he wanted to go home. They say the Lion King and he said Myles did quite well. Myles was not a fan of the hyenas at all. I still don't know why all Disney movies have to have the REALLY scary scenes when they know their main audience is under the age of 8....I am obviously way too soft.
Funny story....Nat and some of the others went out for ice cream one night. Nat said Myles was eating his ice cream when a few "girls" walked up and were talking to him. Right after they left he took a lick and the entire chunk of ice cream fell on the ground. Tears started of course, but the nice lady gave him a new one for free. I think this happens to every little kid at some point.
The new skill Myles learned while away.
Ty was greeting Nat and Myles with a smile and balloons when they got home. Who wouldn't want to come home to that face?

No comments:

Post a Comment