There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oh Boy Oh Boy.....

We have a girl!!!! Natalie Faith Mitchell was born on Wednesday at 10:20 a.m. She weighed 7lbs 4oz and has her daddy wrapped around her finger already. She seems to look A LOT like Myles and I am beginning to wonder how my kids can all look SO much like their daddy and nothing like me! Good thing I married up.
Having the surprise of not knowing what she would be made the delivery process much more bearable because I knew that the more pain I had the closer we were to finding out if it was a little boy or girl. The epidural was just as fabulous as I remember and still can't quite understand how people can do it without one. Nat's hand was nearly broken in the process, but luckily this mama got her epidural and was returned to the land of bliss just in time. Once I had the epidural I napped until it was time to have her. Nothing like waking up from a nap only to have a baby in less than 5 minutes. I LOVED the look on Nat's face when my doctor said it was a girl. It took him a minute to process it all and then the smiles came!
So far the boys have responded better than I could have imagined.Myles truly is in love. From the first day he saw her at the hospital he kept asking if we could bring her home. Now that we are at home he keeps kissing her every chance he gets and says "I just love her". Ty is not nearly as in love, but he has been very gently with her which is not something we are use to. :-) Ty has found that whoever is holding Natalie is the person he wants the most. We are working on the balance between giving him what he wants and teaching him this is  his new life. :-)
In all honestly I was ready for a boy and am still shocked that we have a girl. I was petrified at having a girl because of what is to come when she is in middle school, but now that she is here I feel nothing but blessed. She will have two big brothers who will protect her, Nat gets his little Daddy's girl, and I get my sweet girl to dress up and be MY partner in crime. :-) I have not done laundry in days, my dishes are piling up, and all I want to do is snuggle my daughter and be together as a family. If you want to come over and visit, PLEASE feel free, but for now, don't expect a clean house or a done up mama. You WILL find one HAPPY family thanking God by the hour for the INSANE blessings we have been given.
One last family picture before we are a family of 5!
If only there were words to describe how happy I am to have gotten rid of this belly. I keep looking at Natalie and saying "HOW DID SHE FIT INSIDE ME?" It sure does explain why she was in my ribs for most of my pregnancy.
Meeting my little lady for the first time.
One happy little boy meeting his sister for the first time.
Giving birth is SO exhausting!

Love the joy you see in his eyes!
Natalie's first visitor. It is been simply AMAZING to have mom here.
I really don't know who is more thrilled that we have a girl, Myles or Nat.
Seriously....How blessed are we???

Our sweet girl. Look at all that pink!
Our new family!!!!!


Natalie Faith Mitchell 10/12/11 7lbs 4oz 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! She is very cute and I agree, looks a lot like Myles. Your whole blog post makes me even more anxious for our little girl to get here. I have already enjoyed buying girl clothes... I think I'm going to get myself into trouble. :) Can't wait to meet her in person. Give her some snuggles from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. My name is Amanda and I have spent too much money on girls clothes (it is ALL your fault, I went shopping for Natalie and spent just as much for our little girl). Agghhh!! And I too can't wait until our little girl makes her arrival!

    PS instead of birthday presents would you like a check for her 'wedding fund.' HAHAHAHAHA Has that hit Nat yet?! The day we found out we were having a girl Nate didn't want me to spend any money - he said we have to save for prom and a wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete