There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

5 Months!!

Yet another month has sneaked by us and we could not be more in love with our sweet baby girl. This month has been a HUGE month of growth. I feel like she is totally out of the infant stage and into the mover stage. She has had MANY changes this month and has handled them so well. She is just such a good baby!! The first big change was transitioning her to formula. I was not really planning to go to formula yet, but she was not allowing Nat to take care of her and he was getting pretty frustrated. I want them to have a great bond and it was just not working well so we decided to change it up and she is doing much better now that she knows daddy can give her everything that mommy can give her. We did have a little scare when 48 hours after changing her to formula she had a "reaction" to it. Changing her to a soy formula seems to have been the answer. Rolling has been a new game that she has perfected. It took her about a week, but she can now roll all the way across the room and the days of putting her down and expecting her to be in the same spot when we get back are done. With the rolling came the end of the swaddling at bedtime. I am STILL amazed, but it only took one night of letting her cry it out and she is back to sleeping through the night. Such a little champ. Her newest favorite toy is her jumperoo. She can get those legs kicking and she just goes to town. She also loves being able to keep an eye on her every entertaining brothers while being safe and sound in the jumeroo. She has also really started finding her voice which I LOVE!! I realized I better start really working on her vocab so I am repeating MAMA as often as possible. (I am going to beat Nat on this one for sure!!) The final "victory" for Mama is that Natalie's hair is growing finally and we were able to put a bow in her hair WITHOUT the headband. I love my little girl looking like the sweet thing I know she is.
I totally stole this from a friend's blog and I LOVE the little facts each month so I am going to start keeping track of this.

Weight - 13.6 pounds
Diaper Size - 2
Clothing Size - 3-6 Month
Sleeping - Bed at 10 pm and wake around 7:30am
Naps- One nap from 10-11 and a second from 2-4

Here area few pics of our sweet baby girl. I even added a video of one of her first successful times rolling over.


This is a more accurate picture of the stage we are in....MOVING!

Looks like someone has outgrown the baby chair.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - I get teary every time I watch that video of Natalie! She is such a sweetheart! :-)

    ReplyDelete