There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Frogging

Earlier in the year we got an AWESOME blessing in the form of new neighbors. We already loved our neighborhood and were insanely happy with the neighbors we have, but the vast majority of the neighbors are more in the "retired" state of mind rather than the "chasing after kids" state of mind. Our new neighbors, Todd and Elizabeth, have 2 girls who are almost exactly the same age as Ty and Natalie. Ty and Elaine or less than 2 weeks apart in age and Natalie and Cora are only 1 day apart. ANYWAY.....They did the same thing we did with their house, bought it, tore it apart, and built it back up. Yet another reason we love them. They are just as crazy as we are! Well last week with all the nice weather their pool was invaded by frogs. When Elizabeth told me she was grossed out by "all the frogs" I just didn't understand what she was talking about. She said there had to be 15 of them I KNEW she wasn't exaggerating, but I just didn't think it could be real. Let me tell you, it was real!!! I told her we would come take some for the boys to see and play with and that is exactly what we did. I went over with all 3 kiddos and we had a BLAST scooping frogs out of the pool. By the time we got to THIRTEEN frogs I was kind of grossed out myself so I figured that was enough for the day. Neither of the boys would touch them, but they did like them. I really had no idea what we were going to do with them and I wanted to get them away from her house as much as possible so we took them to the pond behind our house.

Loving all the frogs he saw!!
Watch out frogs!!! The frog catchers are in town.
I love how focused they are at getting the job done.
Every good frog catcher needs his sippy cup close by because it's hard work!
Day #1 and this is our catch. Not too shabby!
So here we are at the pond behind our house. This pond actually belongs to the church and is where they do Baptisms at Easter! One of our sermons recently said that as Christians we should try to help bring at least 1 person a year to Jesus and have them be Baptized. I figured what is good for humans is good for frogs too. So now people can say "Holy Frogs" and have a different meaning.
Taking charge and dumping them out for their Baptism.



I think they were saying "Praise God!"....or not...
This is just disturbing....
Here is the day ended. In all our fun and excitement I forgot to explain to Myles that we were letting the frogs go FOR GOOD and we would not be bringing them home with us. Poor boy. He was devastated and I was not going to head back down to the water to try to re-catch one. I told him we would head back to pool and get more tomorrow. He was ok with that and we got in the van and rode home in peace and quiet, minus 13 frogs.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how you always remember to stop and take the crying, screaming pictures of your kids to capture the TRUE moment! :)

    ReplyDelete