There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

GREAT Aunt

 


When I think of a great aunt I tend to think of this.... I learned this weekend that there is a big difference between a "great aunt" and a "GREAT Aunt". The common term, great aunt simply refers to your mother or father's aunt. GREAT Aunt is the same, but there is AWESOMENESS seeping from her pores.
Well....turns out Myles, Ty, and Natalie scored BIG with their GREAT Aunt. Here is their GREAT Aunt Barb.

Last weekend we were truly blessed with a visit from my Aunt Barb. She is mom's sister from Atlanta. Barb is always such a gracious host to us when we visit her in Atlanta and I was THRILLED when she asked if she could visit us. She had a friend heading to Louisville and road with her and to Lex and stayed with us for the weekend. I don't think we could have crammed any more fun into the weekend. We even have plans in the works to have her come back in October to take in some horse races. I'm already counting down!
As you can see from the previous picture, Barb isn't scared to get dirty and PLAY with the kids and this is exactly why they LOVE her. She turns "great aunt" into "GREAT Aunt". We started Saturday morning with a little "adventure" to the pond and sand volleyball courts at the church behind our house. The boys played really well for about 45 minutes until the forces of the massive water puddles were just too strong to deny. They were, of course, wearing their mud boots and thought going through the puddles was a great idea. After about 17.5 seconds Ty fell completely in the puddle and Myles wasn't far behind. They loved it and I just kept reminding myself what my sister Jenny taught me....BOYS ARE WASHABLE! By the time we got home they had as much water in their boots as was left in the puddles. I always say that you know you've had a lot of fun when you need to completely strip down to your underoos before walking in the house. We obviously had a GREAT time.
Sunday was the first day that we really had the AMAZING warm weather. We started the day with a scenic drive around looking at horse farms. Myles was able to keep his carsickness in check and we only had to stop once to deal with his urge to get lose his lunch. Just like his mama, poor boy. The rest of the day included a picnic and playtime outside. Myles was extremely bummed to see Barb leave and even told me the next day, "Mom, I love you, but I love Aunt Barb more". Sweet boy. I feel some kind of blessed to have such a wonderful family who wants to visit us and who loves my kiddos so much.
 Here is Natalie all ready for our adventure with Barb. This is what happens when you are the 3rd child....You have to wear your brothers' clothes AND you don't even get gloves for your sweet, little hands, you get your brothers' socks.  In my defense, she is warm.....FAR from fashionable, but warm and happy!!
 Proof that there is no age limit to these things.:-)

 Sand castle fun. She was even a trouper when he wanted to knock them down.
 Bringing back hopscotch, baby. This really is a good workout if you do it long enough.

 Pure happiness from a little boy and his GREAT Aunt.

**Disclaimer....YES, Ty was a part of the weekend, but for some odd reason I only took pictures when he was inside napping. (By "odd reason" I mean when he was napping I was finally able to take a break from being the official referee between him and Myles and take pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment