There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Birthday Cake Fun

One big lesson that I learned while trying to get Ty to "enjoy" his 1st birthday party was that a 1st birthday party should be at about 10 am and not after church when it is past his bedtime. Our attempts to get Ty to eat his birthday cupcake were a complete disaster so we tried again the next night and had a little more success. Nat also reminded me that the entire 1st birthday business is for the parents and not for the kids because they remember nothing of it anyway. Lessons Learned. :-) Myles and I did have a blast making the cupcakes and birthday cake at least. I got the idea from bettycrocker.com. They even have some "how to" videos to follow. I LOVE the videos and probably watched it 15 times to make sure I was doing it all correctly. Even though Ty didn't really love his 1st birthday adventure, it was a good time for the rest of us with memories being made.He even took his first REAL steps. There were many thanks sent up to God after that happened. He has been getting a bit riskier ever since. Let's hope the real walking comes very soon.
Here are the videos of the birthday "fun". Just click the title and it will take you to the clips. Enjoy :-)

1st attempt at Birthday "fun".

2nd Attempt

Moments before his first steps.
Always my little helper.

A little quality control. Making sure the frosting is good enough to eat.

So proud of our cupcakes.

The finished product.

His face is priceless.

This is what happens when you try to make a kid enjoy a party and they are way past their bedtime. AWESOME!

Myles trying to show him how to eat it.

MMMM....Maybe it IS good.


FINALLY getting to eat a cupcake.


TASTY!!

Finally had some fun playing with the "grass".

Not so sure about it all.

Ready for a bath.

Yeah for 1st birthdays!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ty! I love the farm-themed cake and cupcakes!! And you said you weren't creative.... By the way, wish you would have told me about your new blog a long time ago! I am staying up way TOO late trying to catch up! Ha. :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete