There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

MN or Bust

I have been counting down the days until we got to go back "home" to MN since we left in October. I really do LOVE Kentucky, but there is nothing like going home, especially for the holidays. I held off on telling Myles we were going to the farm until 2 days before we left.
Myles is ready to go to the farm!

I learned that even 2 days before we go is way to early to tell him. He decided he wanted to go on Thursday and couldn't figure out why we weren't leaving yet. He was in one foul mood which made packing even more difficult. Nat kept telling him that Papa and Nana live at the North Pole because it is so cold. :-). Which only seemed to confuse him more.
With our car packed to the brim and the weather calmed down, we left on Friday morning around 7am and got to the farm at about 9pm. We've found that driving straight through is easier than trying to stop and unload all the stuff needed for the night and then having to reload it all the next morning. Myles is a GREAT traveler. He just reads, talks, and watches movies to pass the time. Really there's very little complaining from Myles. He LOVES to watch movies and so rarely gets to that when we put a movie on he is in heaven. I think he could watch movies the entire trip if I let him. Ty on the other hand has NO desire to watch TV, in the car or at home. The drive definitely is more challenging for him. He just wants to get out of his seat and MOVE. The thing that is hard about making the drive in the winter is that the only exercise the kids can get is in the gas stations. In the summer we find a spot in the grass and throw a blanket down, but obviously this isn't an option in the winter. I REALLY look forward to Ty walking soon because it will make the stops SO much easier. I am hoping he will be walking by the time we go home. :-) The thing that made me laugh the most was how it slowly got colder as we got farther North and it got later in the night. By the time we made our last stop to fill up with gas, I thought Nat was going to pass out. He was NOT happy about how cold it was and was sure to tell me. Such a Southern boy. :-)
We made the trip in 14.5 hours and were greeted by Brian and Tracy. It is AMAZING how great it feels to be home. Mom has the house all decorated for Christmas and I am ready to begin our vacation. I always forget how much that drive takes out of me, from all the craziness of packing to the long day of trying to keep all three of my boys happy and entertained. Good thing I have my mom to take care of me now. :-) I will never tire of being around family. Let the fun begin!!
They look so happy during the first 5 minutes of the drive.

Myles loves to look through binoculars during our drive. How he doesn't get sick is beyond me.

1 comment:

  1. They're on the way to Papa's house, Papa's house to see Papa's girlfriend!! :)

    ReplyDelete