There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

SWING SET FUN!!

We finally caved and stopped looking for a used swing set and bought a new one. I think in the end it was the best choice since our boys are the "active" type and the sturdier the better. Nat worked all day with the help of our friend Matthew and they got it almost completely done. All we have to do now is put up the tarp, some pegs for the rock climbing wall, and the monkey bars. I'm ok with waiting on the monkey bars for a while since Myles isn't quite big enough to use them on his own and it will require a lot of extra work from me (Yes, totally lazy parenting, I know). Myles can climb the ladder with ease and is just a little rock star on it. He loves the swing but loves to swing on his belly and not his bottom which is fine with me. He has flipped head over heels a few times but now finds it funny. Ty on the other hand is a handful. I thought he would love the slide so I put him up there. What he loves to do is climb up to the next level and try to get in a spot I can't reach him and laugh at me, try to step off the top level to the next level by himself with will for sure result in stitches or a concussion, or act like he is going to just go right off the edge to the ground. He has now been banned from the jungle gym portion until next year. :-) I don't know why it surprised me at all to be honest. :-)

The Hard Workers

He's got skills.

One happy little man.

First slide down!

This is fun!

This is my office! Honestly, how could this not make a person smile!

2 comments:

  1. The last picture just made my day! :) Having a play set is definitely worth it!!! Jack's old enough now to play outside by himself for little bits of time and it is sooooo nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By "little bits of time" you mean an hour right? Kidding....Myles is such a rock star at playing and not getting into trouble. Ty on the other hand was able to get in our neighbor's garage in the amount of time it took me to get his stroller unfolded and out of our garage. Honestly....:-)

    ReplyDelete