There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Random Thoughts

With three full days of rain we haven't done a lot of crazy stuff out and about, but that doesn't mean we aren't still getting stuff done. I have officially reached the nesting phase of my pregnancy. I was going to wait until Nat and Myles went to Florida on the 17th but started to just look for a couple things for the baby and now can't stop. I have gotten out all the neutral baby stuff we have and realized 2 things. We really have very little neutral baby items besides white onesies AND I really don't think that there is such a thing as truly neutral newborn clothes. You want people to know if you have a girl or a boy since you really can't tell at that age, so everything is VERY gender specific.  I don't know why I even worry about it since the likelihood of us having a girl is SOOO slim :-) SO baby clothes are out and ready to be washed. I got the bassinet up, and even bought a package of diapers.  I also have my lists of what I need to bring to the hospital for baby and me but won't pack any of that for a couple of weeks. I am feeling pretty good with getting all that accomplished.

The next big adventure that I am working on that is actually going a lot smoother than I thought is moving all of Ty's stuff into Myles' room since very soon they will be roommies. I'm looking forward to the week when Myles is in Florida to transition Ty into his big boy bed and get him use to his new room so that when Myles comes home he already has a bit of routine down. (That's how I have it in my head at least. We shall see how it all goes).

One thing that I HAVE to get is a video of Ty's newest accomplishment. He now sings with me every night at bedtime. I sing a few songs but the two he like the best and can sing the most of are "You Are My Sunshine" and "Jesus Loves Me". Myles was never one to sing with me, but Ty joins in every time and it is so sweet as he mumbles and then gets out a perfect "sunshine" or "Bible" at the right moment. I am finding we are rocking twice as long because we sing the songs so many times and it is TOTALLY worth every second of it. I just need to get it on video so I can remember it when he is too cool to sing with his mom.

Myles has been going to "school" for a couple of weeks now and is really starting to enjoy it more and more. He actually said, "Mama, I had a great day at school today. I wasn't worried at all". I'm not so sure what he was worried about, but yesterday was a good day. He's also only taking naps about 3 days a week. As much as I love when I get to nap when he does, I love the one-on-one time that he and I get. He has really become my little buddy. The age is just so much fun. Don't get me wrong, the strong will and the notion that if we ask for something that means we get it stage is hard, but some days I have to remind myself that he is only 3 and I have as much if not more fun with him than I do with a lot of adults. Don't know what that says about me, but whatev. :-) I will cherish these moments for as long as I can.

One last day at the pool before fall starts.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts! Makes me smile every time to get my little Zinzy fix! It won't be long til that baby gets here - hang in there! And don't stress over not having the right clothes -- Just think of what an awesome surprise it will be!!! One you'll never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I love reading these type of posts too. Love hearing what you are all up to. Can't wait for your little bundle of surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are the BEST and I miss you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete