There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Halloween

I know what you're thinking......She must have the title wrong in this. NOPE!!! After all the craziness of a move and then 3 weeks in MN I am FINALLY getting caught up on my blog. I don't want to miss all the fun we had DURING the move so I am going to post the pics even though they are MONTHS behind.:-) My goal is to get all my pics caught up and be back on track with normal blogging very soon!! Here's to hoping!!!

This picture will haunt Ty as he gets older. Because I didn't write it down I can't remember what he said he was wearing, but he did NOT think it was a wedding veil at the time. It really was something manly in his mind and actually made perfect sense to me when he told me. None of that matters now because I have a picture of him riding his little tricycle with a wedding veil on and I WILL be using this as amo in the future!! Can you say PRICELESS?
Because Ty isn't so much of a "worker" he was doing his typical "supervising as Myles and I were doing the hard work of carving. Clearly he needed some candy to keep his energy up too.

This was actually a big deal for us as last year Myles really didn't want to put his hand in the pumpkin. This year he really started getting into it. As evident by his face he still is not impressed with the feeling of all that mush!

Here was the "Ok I'll try to touch it too....oh wait no....ok....wait no..." face!
Checking it out and still not so sure.
Of course Bitty loved the chance to stand on the table and play with the pumpkin too!
Quite the variety of faces from my Pumpkin crew 2012!!
Myles showing off his best pumpkin face!


I really wish I were more into the costumes and getting creative, but I pretty much let the kids do what they want for Halloween. It was really cold and rainy this year so warmth was my only concern. The morning of Halloween we dump out our dress up tote and they get to choose what they want to wear. Myles picked a fireman which was PERFECT for the rain. Ty went for the giraffe which was great because it kept him warm. It was extra cute because he carried a stuffed giraffe with him the entire night and said it was his baby giraffe and he was the daddy giraffe.  I decided to make a costume for Natalie from one I had seen on Pinterest. I wanted something that I wasn't going to have to fight her to keep on all night and figured a pillow case ghost costume was perfect! Unfortunately she ended up with a bad cold and taking her out in the rain and cold was not going to happen so she stayed home with daddy and looked like a cute ghost around the house. Maybe we can use it again next year......
Best Buddie!!
Here was Ty trying to give a thumbs up!! We have since worked on it and he has mastered it .:-)
My Sweet Bitty Ghost!!

No comments:

Post a Comment