There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012





Thanksgiving was EXTRA special this year because we were in our new house to celebrate! I had worked like crazy leading up to Thanksgiving to get as much unpacked as I could so we would have everything we needed and it was totally worth it. We got to spend the day cooking, relaxing, and counting our blessings.

Here is Nat and HIS favorite part of Thanksgiving....the TURKEY!! This guy is serious about few things in his life, but his turkey is big stuff. My only instruction when I purchase the turkey is that I have to look through all the turkeys and pick the BIGGEST one in the freezer. No joke. This year's turkey came in at a whopping 21 pounds! Yep, it weighed more than Natalie. The thing that makes this whole turkey madness even funnier is that I don't eat turkey.....At all....I buy a ham for myself. Yep, this is our crazy Thanksgiving day tradition.
Yep....the turkey is actually bigger than Natalie!!

Here are my master chefs. Nothing says great parents like letting your kids play with a knife and pointy thermometer! And with my crew it only takes a few moments and it turns dangerous. :-)
I love that they play along and are silly!

This year we got the special treat of having Nat's dad with us. He could not get time off of work so he had to stay home while is wife went to visit her family. Natalie clearly liked it.

Natalie's Godfather LOVES pumpkin pie so this picture was for him.
The weather for Thanksgiving was insanely gorgeous! A little football between father and son was in order. We also went for a family walk and just took it all in.

Just like turkey is Nat's favorite part of Thanksgiving, cranberry sauce is Myles's favorite part. He ate this ENTIRE can all by himself. He was the happiest boy ever. I can't even imagine how much sugar was in his little body after that but luckily we only do that once a year!

3 comments:

  1. So nice...I look forward to being in our own home one day soon now that we are close to family! Thats a gigantahuge turkey sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... so why such a big turkey? I think it's funny that you pick it out and then get the ham too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea WHY he feels the need to have such a big turkey, but we end up just freezing it all and he eats it throughout the year. So crazy....I forgot to add the picture of Natalie next to the uncooked turkey so you can see just how big it is. Good times, good times!

    ReplyDelete