There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Glimpse into WHY

As the first post in the Mitchell blog I figure I will give a little insight into why I am starting this blog. No, it is not because I think our life is so amazing that all sorts of people would want to follow us. I don't think that people will want to spend their days reading about what we do and then commenting on it. What I do think is that my kids are growing up far too fast and I can't stop it like I want to. I know that everyone tells you when you are expecting your first child to cherish every minute because it goes by so quickly. I don't think there is any way to truly understand this until you become a parent and you realize that it really feels like you blink and the years fly by. I think it really hit me when we no longer had Nat's mom with us to call and ask about what he was like as a child. She did, however, do a great job of documenting their "firsts". I realized I needed to do that for my children. I started by doing the old school journaling, but I LOVE to tell stories through pictures so this is was my next idea. Now as the days fly by I can just look back and remember when they were small enough to cradle in my arms and see the pictures to prove that they actually were that small at one time. It is also great because I can keep family and friends posted on all the silly things we have gotten ourselves into. Like I said in our title, there is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house!! Enjoy the ride and feel free to let me know what you think. 
Here are a few pictures to show you what happens when you blink.....


My Little Man Myles is almost THREE!!!


My Mini Man Ty is almost ONE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment