There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Snowfall

Much to Myles' delight we finally had our first snowfall. The day after Thanksgiving we woke up to a light coating of snow. Myles didn't even get out of his jammies to go outside. Nope, we just put the snowsuit on right over the jammies and headed out. We didn't want to waste any time since we knew that the snow would melt before noon, which most of it did. About 2 weeks ago I told Myles it was "winter" and we needed to wear a coat and hat. Since then he has been asking me when it was going to snow. I made the mistake of telling him that Nana and Papa already had snow. He has been asking about the snow blower and where the snow is ever since. When this snow came Nat told him that Nana and Papa sent it to us. Pretty sure that they are even higher on his list than before (if this is really possible). We played for as long as I could stand it. We made a MINI snowman, some snow angels, had a snowball fight, and took a walk through the snow. Myles was in heaven and could have stayed out there all day if I had let him. He always helped me shovel snow in MN even though he was only a year old. We we also went out in his sled to play. I think he is a true Minnesota boy at heart. I am sad to say that the warm weather has turned me soft. Just hearing about the zero degree weather of MN makes me shutter. I still love my snow and winter weather, but I have to say that the warm weather of KY is kinda nice. Here are a few pictures of my little man enjoying our first snow fall. I hope Ty is feeling better for the next one. I can't wait to see what he thinks of it.


He decided to make a snow angel all by himself. I think Nana taught him how to make these actually.

Can you see it? It is my little angel.


We will have to save the big snowman making for Minnesota I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment