There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Secret Reader

Two of Myles' favorite things....Daddy and Books!!


Lately, Myles has found a love for reading. I worked very hard with him when he was a baby to try to get him to sit still on my lap while I read him books. I was certain that because he would not sit through an entire book at 11 months old he was not going to be a reader and would struggle with reading like I did as a child. I finally feel like all my hard work has paid off. He LOVES reading. If I had the time to read to him all day long I think he would be in heaven. Some of his favorite books are, "What Do People Do All Day", "Stand Tall, Molly Lou Mellon", "Pout Pout Fish", and any Sandra Boynton book. Now we have finally run  into a "problem" with all his reading. We put him to bed and do his bedtime routine and leave the room. About 10 minutes later we notice a light coming from his room. We will go in and check and he has turned his lamp on and has pulled a whole stack of books on his bed and he is deep into reading them. When we open the door he just looks at us and smiles with the sweetest smile ever. We have decided that we are going to just start putting him to bed a little bit earlier and letting him read as late as he wants. Oh, how I love when these are the biggest "challenges" that I face in my day. I AM BLESSED!!                                                                         

 Here is what I found when I went into his room at 11:00 p.m. How can you not love that face?

No comments:

Post a Comment