There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sleep

I have to be honest....After almost 5 years of marriage, I can't sleep alone. If Nat is watching a game or just staying up late and I want to go to bed, I can go and try to fall asleep, but I know that it will not happen. I will lay in bed the entire time WIDE AWAKE no matter how tired I am. After 5 minutes of having him in bed with me and I am asleep. It is kinda pathetic, I know, but my world just seems right when he is there next to me. I have recently found that my little man can have the same effect on me. The other night I was having trouble falling asleep and Nat was not feeling well so he took some Niquil and was OUT. I did not want to wake him so I decided to go snuggle with my little man. I figured if I was going to be awake I may as well listen to him breathe and enjoy that sound rather than thinking about all the stuff I needed to get done the next day. I crawled into his bed and snuggled in close. I kissed as many times as I could before I was certain he would wake up if I did it one more time. Then I just closed my eyes and listened. I was AMAZED at how relaxing his breathing made me. I don't know why they have not made a noise machine that sounds like your child's breathing. Forget the ocean sounds or the rain forests (they tend to make me need to go to the bathroom or have dreams about birds flying at my face anyway), why not have the peaceful sound of a child's breathing as they are fast asleep? I may need to market this. Anyway, in a matter of minutes I was fast asleep. It was LOVELY! I know there will be times way too soon when my boys will not want their mom sneaking in to cuddle with them so I say whatev to the child rearing books that say you should never sleep with your kids. I say, I will never regret a night listening to my child's deep slumber and thinking about how precious they are and how lucky I am. I know that phase of life can be hard and exhausting, but I also know that like every other phase you go through you miss it when it is gone.

 
 Two Peaceful Boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment