There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Myles loved making our Thanksgiving place mats.
This Thanksgiving was only the second time in our 5 years of marriage that we did not spend the holiday with one of our families. The first was when I was pregnant with Myles and was on bed rest. Missing Christmas on the farm was torture for me.  It was torture for Nat as well :-). This Thanksgiving we spent with Nat's family 2 weeks ago and then we got to spend our first Thanksgiving as just our family. I was actually excited to start our own family traditions. Unfortunately, Ty was sick and had a fever so this was not his favorite day, but the rest of us sure had fun. We started the morning by sleeping in and then watching the Macy's parade. Myles was a little bit confused with the whole massive flying balloon thing, but he did enjoy the characters. Nat has a "thing" for his Thanksgiving turkey. Every year he looks for the biggest turkey he can find and then takes great care cooking it. He loves Thanksgiving like I love Christmas. He did a great job cooking the turkey, the only bummer is that I really do not like turkey and it seems that neither off the boys do either. We had ham instead. So if you do the math....Nat has 22 lbs of turkey to eat himself, and he is so happy about that.



Now this is MY kind of Turkey!

This was a once in a lifetime treat for Tig. Never again. :-)

Nat was SO happy in this moment.



Getting to Skype with everyone back home. Can't describe how nice this was!

Eating some Thanksgiving ham.

Giving Thanks.

Pumpkin pie to finish it off.

Even though he was feeling crummy he still gave us a Thanksgiving smile.
 
 
 
 
After looking at all the pictures of our Thanksgiving I was trying to come up with a list of what I am Thankful for.  I really struggled with it not because I am not thankful, but because I have SO much to be thankful for that no list that I come up with will be sufficient enough. I have a family who loves me, food, shelter, clean water, but most of all a God who is always taking care of me. Honestly, there is nothing more I could ask for. This Thanksgiving I feel like I am finally seeing just how blessed my life it. God is good and I am so thankful for all he has given me.




No comments:

Post a Comment