There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Sick boys.....

At the doctor waiting for some relief.
This last week I have had to take time off from documenting all the fun events of our crazy lives because......it hasn't been all that fun really. :-) We went to Atlanta last weekend and Ty got a runny nose while we were there and it all went down hill from there. We came home and ended up at the doctor on Wednesday. Our regular doctor couldn't see us so we went to someone else. I DESPISE having to go to a different doctor. Once I get comfortable with one doctor I feel like they know my boys and know what is "normal" and just take better care of us. The doctor we saw did a great job and reminded me of Kenny Rogers, but confused me the entire time. The Kenny Rogers similarity made me smile though. :-) Then he started talking to us/Ty and I was not comforted. He would talk to Ty like he was an adult and I was totally confused as to whether he was talking to me or Ty. I would answer and he would look at me like, "Why are you answering for him". I finally just stopped saying anything and kept kissing my sick little man and telling him how great of a job he was doing. It seemed to please the doctor as well. We ended up giving him a breathing treatment to try to clear up the stuff in his chest. For being sick, he had amazing fight. When we put the mask to his face he became crazy. I tried to do it myself and the nurse could hear him screaming and came back to help. After 5 minutes straight of nonstop screaming and flailing, I was sweating and exhausted and all of a sudden he just fell asleep sitting up. He was done! At the end of it all the doctor said he had a double ear infection (yes..that's right! After those expensive tubes he has an ear infection! Awesome!) and he also got meds for "swollen vocal cords". Not sure if that is code for "going to charge you big bucks for penicillin" or what, but whatever it was he was doing better the next afternoon. We had 1 night of solid sleep only to be woken up in the morning to Myles coughing...UGH..Now he had the same deal and we will see how he is in the mornig and we may be heading back in to the doctor tomorrow. Oh the fun. As for tonight, we will be snuggling up on the couch and relaxing.
We have seen better days.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww. Poor boys. Wish you would have had more luck with Dr. Kenny! At least Ty is feeling better - now for Myles! Love the last picture... very descriptive of your week! Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd ask for a discount on those tubes. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete