There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tubes Tubes Tubes!

Yesterday Ty became the proud new owner of tubes in his ears!! Myles got tubes at almost the exact same age and we saw such an improvement in his health after them that after Ty had his second ear infection I was asking for them. Turns out they don't just give tubes out for fun. Poor Ty had to go through 5 ear infections before we got them. I hated it because it felt like we just went from one antibiotic after another and I knew he wasn't really getting over it. We started the day extra early to get it done. The nurse told me over the phone that they do the patients in age order with youngest being first. In my absent mindedness I was thinking that was an easy way to schedule it but I was surprised they didn't just do it on a first come first serve basis. Cue the "Ah Ha" moment at 6 am when we were denying Ty any food and he was not pleased!! Thank you for smart people who think things through better than I do. It didn't make things any better that Myles was hungry too so I brought some crackers for him and we couldn't get him to eat them without Ty seeing it. It was still better than making him wait because 2 hungry kids is not a good situation for anyone!
We got to the office at 6:45am and wrestled snuggled Ty until they took him at 8:05 a.m. I timed it and from the time that they took him from my arms at 8:05 until they came to get us to tell us he was done was SIX MINUTES!!!!! That was the fastest $1500 I have ever spent! The doctor said "I think it was a REALLY good idea we did this right now because it was like "tapioca pudding" in there". How's that for a visual? We were in the car on our way home by 9 am. He is acting like nothing happened. Just the way I like it. Here's to hoping we never have to deal with another ear infection in the Mitchell house!

Chillin before they take him back.

You can't see the sweat, but MAN I was exhausted after wrestling him for an hour.

This is how Nat and Myles passed the time.

A little ABC work.

The nurses kept looking in and then freaking out because they thought HE was the patient and he was drinking milk before the procedure. Nope, he was just high maintenance.

After the surgery and ready to play some drums.

1 comment:

  1. Arianna has had no ear infections and only one cold which she got the week after her big 1 year birthday party. Recipe for this?? I don't know. We have just been extremely lucky!!! So glad you were able to get the tubes...they sound like they go in very quickly and are a big help for those kids with chronic ear infections.

    ReplyDelete