There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

1 and 3 Year Pics

This week I decided I needed to get the boys' 1 year old and 3 year old pictures done. I had in my mind how it would go. They boys would sit patiently and look right into the lens and smile. Oh how fun that would be. That is NOT how it went. (I know those of you reading this are laughing your butts off because you KNOW that NEITHER of my boys sit still for anything). A girl can dream though right? Ty was INSANE. I do remember that stage with Myles though because in his 1yr old picture I did at JcPenny I am holding his hand as he is standing there because that was the only way to get him to stand still long enough to take it. Myles is was a sweet helper though and he stood behind me saying "Beedee Beedee" to Ty. I have no idea what that means or where he heard it, but it worked!! Myles is even the one who gave Ty the kiss ON HIS OWN in their group picture. The pictures are by no means perfect and are not photographer quality, but they are free and are at least decent enough to remember them at this age. Hope you enjoy them. I would love to know which ones you like.







This just makes me smile.

I can't help but think of, "I'm too sexy for my shirt..."
Amanda took one similar to this last summer and it makes me smile because his eyes look HUGE!!







This my new favorite picture of Mini Man.

This is how I get them to sit "still" I bribe them with fruit snacks. Don't think for a moment I don't cheat and rip them  in half too!







5 comments:

  1. Laura, They are all so cute! I would have a hard time choosing.... I think you might have written this somewhere already, but did you buy those fun backgrounds? I love the different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally stole this idea from another blog I have seen. http://gregandtashaprice.blogspot.com/
    She just has some AMAZING colors in her pictures and I love that. SOOO I improvised and there was a big sale on the heavier fabric at Joann Fabrics this month. I just bought about 3/4 of a yard of some of the colors and patterns I liked and taped them to the wall with painter's tape. Some of the colors won't go with their outfits, but the patterns are fun and I can just turn them into black and white photos. Super easy but adds a little bit to the pics when they can't be taken outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET! Hope you don't mind if I copy you!! PS You, me, spring time, the boys and nothing but diapers and cowboy boots. :) Oh yeah...and cameras!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and when are you moving back to Minnesota to take pictures of my Arianna...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan---Oh my goodness how I would LOVE to take Arianna's pictures! Maybe we can have some fun when we are home for Eric's wedding. That would be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete