There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Friday, January 7, 2011

MN COLD

There is something that happens to a person after they are away from MN for a few months in the winter...They get smart. This really is the first winter that I have been in Kentucky to "enjoy" the winter. We were here last winter, but we were in the house doing demo without heat so much and I was always cold. This winter I am out and about with the kiddos and LOVING IT!!! I really wonder why so many people live in MN for the winter now. I also forgot just how cold it gets up there. HONESTLY!!! It is all about the wind chill.  On our drive up there we started out early in the morning and the farther we got, the colder it got (Quite obviously). The funny thing was each time we had to stop to get gas it was more of a battle as to who was going to have to pump the gas. I was smart and took the second to last round so Nat had to endure the last one when it was for sure below zero with the windchill.

We did get a good dump of snow early in the week that gave us some "good" drifts. My dad would say that there is no such thing as a good drift, which I think is arguable. :-) We really did get three great days outside playing in the snow. We did some sledding, shoveling, snowmobiling, and just exploring. Next year I think we need to do some ice skating. Myles is without a doubt my little MN boy. He LOVES the cold and would stay outside until his fingers froze off. Mini Man on the other hand....Oh Sweet Baby Ty....He is a Kentucky wimp. I will give him credit that he was just figuring out the walking thing so adding a snowsuit to it all was a bit overwhelming, but he was not pleased. Now that we are back in Kentucky and he gets to go out in the nicer weather he is just giddy. Next year will be our true test as to whether he is a KY boy or if he has a little MN boy in him.

I will say that my absolute favorite part of the outside adventures was my snowmobiling with my mom. She is over 60 and knows how to have fun. We hooked the sled up to the back for the kids and then discovered if we turned it upside down and laid on our stomach we could really have some fun. We outlasted the kids and only went in because it was time to eat dinner. I am still bummed we didn't get a picture, but we WILL do it again next year! Who knew old people could be so fun!(Kidding mom!!) :-)

Wondering if we could use one more layer...FYI it REALLY bothers me that he has black and navy blue on...           Ridiculous I know...

Trying to break down the drift so Grandpa can make it up the driveway. So much fun when you only have to do it 3 times and then you get to go home to warmer weather.

Obviously saying, "Why in the world do you have me out here?"

Giving TY a ride. Ty wanting to punch us all.

Boys and their toys.

This is how we take family Christmas pictures in Minnesota.

Maybe a little frostbite, but one happy little boy.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment