There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, January 10, 2011

A Party for a 3 Year Old

On Sunday we were finally able to have a "proper" birthday party. Not that a day old cupcake in a hotel room as we are rushing out the door is not proper or anything..:-) We had some friends and family over and the noise level was through the roof. Myles was so excited because he got a fire engine cake AND his friend Landin. What could be better?
 Myles and his best buddy Landin. (Taken on a different day, but you get the idea).

What 3 year old boy doesn't love a fire engine cake.

My little fire chief.


I did another Betty Crocker cake idea. I cannot say enough about how easy they make it. It has step by step instructions AND the video. I didn't need to watch the video quite as many times as I did for the barn cake, but it sure was nice to have. As I took the cakes out of the oven Myles literally yelled "TWO happy birthday cakes? One for you and one for me!!!" What a pumpkin. He stayed up with me while I made the cakes and he consumed all the scrap pieces of cake as they were cut off. He also made sure to "accidentally" stick his finger in the frosting container about 3 times. He was so hyped up on sugar when he went to bed I am amazed he fell asleep at all.
One of the nicest parts of the day was that we were with friends who are in the same stage of life that that we are in so there was no trying to keep kids quiet or worries about food on the floor. Just relaxing and letting the kids go wild with balloons and toys.

Video clip of his 3rd birthday.

Here are a few pics of all the fun.
Mini Man and uncle Nate having some fun.
A little family shot.
Such a little man. This was the first year he did not cry when we sang Happy Birthday.
His favorite part.
Maybe THIS is his favorite part...
His card from Landin. LOVE IT!!!
He actually went into his bedroom BY HIMSELF for his nap. He asked for a drink and when I came back this is what I found! Birthdays sure are exhausting! 

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done on the cake! Can I hire you to make Isaac's?? I have no idea what theme we're going with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! It is SO much fun!!! OF COURSE I will help with Isaac's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish Jack would fall asleep like Myles does. I love how he can fall asleep anywhere when he's tired.... Jack just doesn't do that!

    ReplyDelete