There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Moving Mini Man

Oh Sweet Baby Ty......Where do I begin with how you amuse me. I am well aware that I was the one who was PRAYING day and night for you to walk. Now that you are, nothing is out of your reach. You can stand and climb with the best of them and you constantly keep me on my toes. Although all of these pictures are not from one day, they DO typically happen multiple times in a day. Who needs a gym membership when you have a Mini Man to keep you busy? That being said, I am still enjoying the walking stage much more than the crawling stage. I LOVE to see the look of accomplishment and pure joy when you scale that little table and stand atop of it with your hands up high. As well as the squeals of delight as you splash the toilet water around (OK this one is the least pleasing, but the smile on your face when you get caught makes me focus less on how grossed out I am). So here are a few things we encounter on a day to day basis. 
 1. Digging through the garbage. You never know what great things Mom may have put in there so I need to inspect it daily and pull out the things I think are important, such as banana peels and dirty napkins.
 2. Checking the cords to all the electronics. Dad thinks he knows what he's doing, but every time I check it I find a few cords that I think should be pulled out and moved.
 3. Climbing on the fireplace. This really is done just so the attention is on me and everyone can see how darn cute I am.
 4. Daddy is trying to tell me something about this being dangerous, but I am pretty sure he doesn't really mean that I should stop doing it.
5.Climbing on the table. Some day I will be a very important person so I want to practice giving speeches to all the people who will listen.
 6. Climbing on the dishwasher. Mom thought she could outsmart me by putting the clean dishes on the counter while she put them away. Silly mommy, all I have do to is use the door as my step stool when your back is turned.
 7. Talk my good friend Lauren into letting me take her for a ride in my hippo. Some day I will have my own car and she and I can go cruising.
 8. Stealing mom's IPod. Mom thinks she's the only one who likes music. Well, after many attempts I have finally figured out how to get her IPod out of her radio dock and now I can just take it around the house whenever I want to jam to some good tunes.
 9. Eating while bathing. Some days I am just so busy I have to multitask. Why not get clean and get some vitamins all at once.
10. Splashing as much water on the floor as possible. Both my brother and I LOVE to take bathes. Myles, however, never tried to splash like I do. He just sat in the tub and played with his toys. I taught him that splashing as hard as possible is fun too. Now mom has enough water on her floors when we get done with out bath to wash the floors. We like to be helpful like that.

And there you have it....These are just a few of my favorite things to do in a day. Now sit back and enjoy the fact that you probably just read this entire post and did not have to get up once to pull a Mini Man out of the garbage or down from the fireplace. Oh how I will miss this some day.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Ok- I just smiled and smiled!! How it reminds me of you little monkey girl- you were EVERYWHERE just like I was- we could have been cast in spider baby many years ago- the one on the table with Nat pointing his finger just cracks me up!! Like- are you really being serious- I see that smirk in the corner of your eye Daddy!! Just wait till Myles wants to get on the table too- NOW THAT could be an emergency room problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2- can't you see him saying-"Does the diaper make my tush look big?" Well, Ty if you were a girl, I would suggest the trim diaper but becauae it is you- it is darn cute!!!!! Also, love the monkey pj's- what a bunch of monkey lovers we all are- well maybe not Aunt Tracy , but we will win her over! Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arianna loves to put things in the garbage cans plus clean them up so the garbage cans have been relocated to higher ground. She also likes the toilet paper so we usually have a pile that we have tried to rewind. We also had some open shelves that we had installed in our remodeled bathroom that we thought were so cool for storing things like toilet paper. The toilet paper is cleaned off of there pretty much now. She climbs on the shelf and all that you can see now is her little butt sticking out and her little legs. Arianna does the dishwasher thing too but after one plate got broken on the floor which I was not happy about I am a lot quicker about trying to stop her!

    ReplyDelete