There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Opossum Surprise

 After the long year of renovations and mishaps we have had, I have NO DOUBT that God has a sense of humor. For instance, after being in MN, AKA the frozen tundra, for 2 weeks we were SO ready to get back to nice, warm KY. I had grand plans of sitting on the couch all day Sunday and not unpacking anything or doing anything until Monday. These plans were all changed when we walked into a cold house. I assumed it was just because we needed to turn the heat up after being gone, but we were not that lucky. It took about 18 hours for it to get fixed, get heat back on, and for us to warm up. While we were waiting I kept as busy as possible running errands and unpacking all in an effort to stay warm and keep the kiddos occupied and warm as well.

Another sweet surprise was our THIRD opossum visitor. I don't know why we seem to have so many of them, but if we're going to continue to get them, we may as well learn a good opossum recipe. This little fella decided to crawl up in the grill in an effort to get food I am assuming. A kind, sweet, dear friend of mine told me the next time I go to grill something there will be a whole family that jumps out at me. Now I will be scared every time I use the grill. Thanks T....Thanks...
 Here is the actual video of the nasty little guy.
Opossum Link 

Cold weather and nasty creatures aside, it is nice to be home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised he didn't find his way INTO Tig's heated room!! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO funny you say that because I was really paranoid about that. I mean, if Tig can figure out how to get in what is stopping the opossum, right? I was really cautious going into the garage the first 2 days.

    ReplyDelete