There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Angels and Castles

Last night I really wanted to sit and enjoy some TV with Myles and not do a whole lot. We got our pistachio pudding we made earlier in the day and we got comfortable on the couch. I turned on the TV and saw that GLEE was on. I have heard rave reviews about it so I figured we would watch it. Singing and some dancing from some high school kids can't be too bad right? About 5 minutes in...two female high school cheer leaders making out.That was enough for me to turn the TV off for the night and be done with it. REALLY PEOPLE? At 8 p.m. that is what is on TV??? I feel like such a fuddy duddy but really? On a TOTALLY positive note, I was so flustered that I quickly grabbed our container of blocks and we started building a castle. Myles totally got into it and helped. After the castle we made snow angels on the floor. Myles was quite proud of the ones he made. And NO my floors are not actually dirty enough to see the snow angels, it was just a little imagination time. Lastly, Nat, Myles, and I did a couple games of family Bananagrams. Myles was more interested in putting the letters in his eyes than he was at making words, but he is doing much better at not taking all the letters and then dropping them on the floor. It takes him so long to get his letters flipped that by the time he has that done we are almost done. It was some GREAT quality family time. SO I guess in the end I need to say, Thank you nasty high school cheer leaders for disgusting me to the point of turning off the TV and thus having a fabulous night with my boys. I think I will do it again tonight. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, as I was reading this I thought you meant with snap legos- the BIG ones- this is awesome~Ty must have been in bed to not try to knock it down- how fun would that have been for him and awful for Myles!! Yea cheerleaders- try staying home and building a tower and being a creative soul instead of growing up so wierd!!!

    ReplyDelete