There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Ribs

This Christmas we started a new tradition at the Zins house. It was one of the first Christmas' we didn't celebrate Christmas with the entire family ON Christmas day. We did however still get together with those who were around and therefore needed some good food to eat. With no desire to eat ham 2 days in a row, Ken offered to make some ribs for the crew. I'm not one to EVER turn down ribs and Jenny and Ken have been known to make some good ribs. Just how good, was far greater than I could have imagined. The only problem with the whole thing is that now I will have to wait for my ribs until next Christmas because I am pretty sure that I do not have the skills it takes to make them as amazing as they do. I know it was a lot of work, it entailed putting the appropriate rub on them, marinating them, getting up at 3 am to put them in a slow cooker and then hauling a smoker all the way to mom and dad's to give them that amazing smokey taste. I am always in awe of Jen and Ken's cooking. They truly were the best ribs I have EVER eaten. Super excited about this new Christmas tradition. Enjoy the pics and try not to drool on your computer too much.

Let the smoking begin.

Ken is such a serious cook he even wears gloves.

Brian and Ken doing a little taste test.

AMAZINGNESS!

No caption necessary....

Kade was demonstrating what we were all feeling.



Let the eating begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment