There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Atlanta

As each project in this house gets done I get more and more excited about really being "done". We really only have small touch up projects to get done, but they seem to take FOREVER with the little guys around. They either need something right when Nat and I are working, or they are getting into stuff when we aren't looking. I got this GREAT idea that I should take the boys to Atlanta to visit Grams and let Nat work for the weekend himself to finish up. I then thought I could make it a long weekend and go all the way to Macon to see Nat's family friends as well. Let it be know right now that I AM CRAZY!!! I always seem to forget that Macon is another TWO hours past Atlanta. That means the boys and I were in the car for EIGHT HOURS.  Six hours I can do no problem, but once I get over 6 (by myself) I kinda go crazy. We did make it to the Wright's house in one piece  and around the time we were hoping even, but that is the last time I will be making that trip by myself.
Keith and Cindy

It really was all worth it. We got to visit with Keith and Cindy and enjoy some AMAZING weather. It was 76 degrees there. We took Myles and Ty to a  little lake and he did some practice casting with his fishing pole. Makes me excited for when he and Nat get to go fishing.

On Sunday we went to visit Grams in Atlanta. She's 91 and classy as EVER!! I cannot get over this woman. I love spending time with her and just wish we could see her more often. Myles found her wheel chair right away and started telling her all about the levers and what the "tractor" does. After listening to him for a couple minutes, she looked at me and said, "Does he talk all the time?" Awesome. She says what's on her mind that's for sure.
Look at how classy this woman is!!

After lunch Myles took Aunt Barb on his "Diego Adventure" around the assisted living complex. She was such a trouper and just went with it. They climbed hills, went under fences, and had a ball. A couple days after we got home, he said to me out of the blue, "I miss Barb. She went on adventures with me". Makes me smile. We also took the kiddos to a park near Barb and Doug's house and just enjoyed the weather. Doug was such a great host and pulled out all of Evan's old toys for the boys to play with which was SO helpful. Not only did I not have to bring the toys out of the car that I had brought, but then they got to play with new toys that were more interesting to them anyway. Before we left on Monday morning Doug made us breakfast complete with smoothies. It made me a little less focused/worried about the drive home at least. :-)
Just chillin with his uncle Doug.

It took right around 6 hours to get home and both boys were just troupers. Honestly though, doing it by myself was enough work to make me rethink going for a long drive for quite some time. I LOVE seeing Grams, but the next trip Nat will be coming with FOR SURE!!

1 comment:

  1. Man I love my Mom!! She is so beautiful- I hope I can look that pretty at 65!!!!!

    ReplyDelete