There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nana and Papa

This weekend we were blessed with AMAZING weather and.......Nana and Papa!! To say that the boys were excited is a huge understatement. They arrived late on Friday night and were bombarded by the boys pretty much every second they were here. We usually put my parents to work when they're here because their help is invaluable, but made a special point of not planning any work this trip. It was the most relaxing we've had with them possibly ever. (I did however ask my dad to help assemble a twin bed we brought with us from MN, but compared to the tree trimming and tiling he has done, I would not consider that "work" :-))
Papa doesn't even get a chance to take a break after a long day of traveling.

Pretty sure everyone involved looks to be enjoying life!
While they were here we all went to the Explorium in downtown Lexington which I have been meaning to go to for some time now, but something has always come up. Myles really loved it and Ty was much more interested in it all than I thought he would be. I did decide though that the next time I go I will only take one little guy at a time because it would have been nearly impossible to not lose them as they ALWAYS seemed to want to go in different directions. (Go figure) Afterward we went and enjoyed some of the best pizza I've had in a LONG time and took mom and dad to church Saturday night.
Showing Papa how strong he is.
Ty's favorite spot....the water tank.

My little cowboy.
Perfect rodeo form!

Conquering the moon together!

Just like his Papa.

These mirrors were so fun! I even found one that made me look tall AND skinny! Why don't they have THOSE in dressing rooms?
Sunday was a beautiful day as well and we spent most of the day outside having fun. Dad and I even got to go for a run together I can't remember the last leisurely run we have had together. It has been a long time!
Myles' new friend at the airport.

The hardest part is ALWAYS the good-bye. We went into the airport to watch them leave and squeeze out a few more minutes with them. That may be the last time we do that as Myles took it pretty hard. I was fine just waving away and wrestling a VERY feisty mini man when I asked Myles to wave one last time he stood up and that little lip just started shaking and he said, "Mommy, I don't want them to leave" and the tears started coming. I of course then started to tear up and the TSA agent brought us some tissues. I then did what any good parent would do and I bribed Myles with donuts. Classy hu? It worked though and we got out of their without a major scene and went to buy some donuts. He has asked me every day since they left though, "Mommy, why do I cry when Nana and Papa leave?" Little man loves his Nana and Papa. May cannot come soon enough apparently!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww I started crying when I read Myles cried when saying goodbye. :( Such compassion at a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun! It's so sweet that the boys love their Nana & Papa so much. You're parents are a blast! Glad you had fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures! Mom was telling me Science Museum stories - sounds like you all had a blast! Ty looks like he's growing. Tell him to knock it off or he won't be my "baby" anymore! ;-) Love you all SO much and miss you tons. Say "hi" to the fam from Uncle Brian and Auntie Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teared up reading about Myles and his tears. I think the Lexington TSA people should get the WORLD"S MOST COMPASSIONATE agent award of all the airports I have been in- Omaha gets #2. Hurry up May- I can't go through these good byes!! But the weekend was so perfect- especailly Myles in the bubble tunnel!

    ReplyDelete