There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

TEMPER TANTRUMS!!!

I typically try to write about all the fun things we're up to and how pleasant (and crazy) life has been, but I have to be honest here, things have not been pleasant here the last couple days. BOTH of my little guys (Luckily Nat is staying strong and not joining them) have decided that tantrums are the way to go right now and it is just wearing me out. One thing that drives me crazy is that Ty is seeing Myles do it and then thinks it is a good idea and I am trying to get Myles to "be a good example" and he's having NONE of that. Nat and I don't get too worked up about the tantrums and LUCKILY they have pretty much all been in the comfort of our own home and without company. We honestly just use the old ignore it till they stop technique. Ty cried for 20 minutes the other night while Nat and I sat right next to him offering our hands for him to come to us but he just wanted US to come to HIM. Not having it. It was actually kind of nice, in a sick way, cause Nat and I got to sit on the floor and just chat and laugh. (Shows you how badly we need a date night hu?) Today Myles was all worked up because there wasn't enough syrup on his waffle (I assure you there was!) I told him he had plenty and he lost it. Throwing a fit on the floor. I calmly carried him to his room and put him in his bed and said he could come out when he was ready to enjoy breakfast with Ty and I. 10 minutes later he came out like nothing happened. Sat at the table and realized that his syrup had soaked into the waffle and he couldn't see it any more and lost it again. Long story short, I ate his breakfast and he waited to eat until lunch. He is also still in his jammies right now and it is 4pm. I decided it was not a battle I was willing to start right now.
I have been praying that God will give me patience to deal with it all, and he has. I am thankful for that. I am much calmer with dealing with it now than I use to be because I know that getting worked up won't do any of us ANY good. I have decided that my prayer will change though to, "God please get them to stop!!". :-)
Here's to raising two strong-willed children!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome. I love that you are strong-willed too.... It takes a lot to stay strong when they are screaming! We went through a phase of lots of tantrums when Jack was just a little over 3. They have finally calmed down a bit, although one will pop up every once in awhile. Next time, have a glass of wine while you and Nat enjoy "tantrum" time. :)

    ReplyDelete