There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

What they're up to.....

I decided along with all the regular day to day stuff that I post, I wanted to kind of do an update every once in a while of milestones I see the boys accomplishing at a certain point. It never ceases to amaze me at how fast they are growing and I will stop and realize some days that a task that seemed so hard for them 2 weeks ago is not an issue at all anymore.

We have seen some big changes in Ty lately. He is really leaving that baby stage and into the little boy stage. As much as I hate saying that, I just adore the little person he is becoming each day. Ty is still very much the early riser and early to bed kid. He has been giving me a bit of a break this last week and has slept in at late as 8:30 a couple days. I'm guessing it's just because of his cold, but whatever it is, it's been nice. The thing that both Nat and I LOVE is the time with Ty right after he wakes up. The smiles on this child are insane. I don't think you can find a happier little man at 7 am.

Right now I am really trying to slowly get rid of the paci so I'm working on him having it only when he is sleeping or at church. When I go in to get him out of bed in the morning he gets so excited and finds the paci, if it isn't in his mouth, and just starts bouncing until I give him the bin where we keep the pacifiers. He throws it in there and then gives me a five and we can start our day. I just love how excited he is about it all.

He isn't really doing a ton of "talking" exactly, but he is CERTAINLY mimicking us as much as possible. He does say mama, dada, cracker, and can growl like a lion when asked. He has refused to use sign language like Myles did, but has been using it a bit more lately which is nice.

I have been working on getting him to point out his eyes, nose, mouth and ears as well and the only one he really gets excited about it his nose. The moment I ask him where his nose is he starts breathing as heavily as he can through his nose and just giggles.

Ty's also getting much more cuddly. He gives kisses when we ask and just learned how to give hugs when we ask for them. I love it!

One of my favorite things that Ty does is at prayer time. We hold hands when we say our dinner prayers and Myles was never a big fan of this. Ty LOVES it and just smiles the entire time and doesn't let go of the person's hand he's holding until he gets to do the sign of the cross. I use to do it for him and now he tries to do it himself. Makes me count my blessings even more.

 Both boys like being outside, but Ty is getting much better about playing for longer amounts of time without needing me there to entertain him. Myles would stay outside without me for HOURS if I let him.

Myles has been amazing me lately with how complete his sentences are. He asked me a complete question the other day and it caught me off guard at how "not little boy" it was. I just LOVE his questions. His mind is just going a mile a minute and I never get tired of hearing what's going on in his head. I know he wore out my Grandma pretty quickly, but I just love it. I guess all parents are like that though.

Myles LOVES going to church school. After all the tears and heart ache early on, he now jumps into the car as fast as he can and has no problem saying good-bye to us. It's great to see him so comfortable there.

Myles still loves watching TV. I really only let him watch it when I need a little down time or as a reward. He is in LOVE with anything dealing with Thomas the Train and is starting to really like Diego as well. I am just hoping to stay away from wanting to BUY all things Thomas related but so far he hasn't made this connection yet.

I am loving watching Myles grow and it makes me more excited to watch Ty grow because I know how fun it is once they start talking and expressing themselves. I often sit and think about how blessed I am to have these boys and wonder what I did to deserve it.

If you've made it all the way to the end of this post you are one dedicated (or bored) person!! I don't look forward to updating this post because it will mean they are getting older and I am not in any rush for them to grow. If only I had a say in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment