There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This and That

This post got a little neglected since I started it and didn't finish it because mom and dad were coming to town and we just got so busy having fun. Here it is a little late. :-) 

This week has been an interesting one. Seriously filled with TONS of ups and downs!! That's how it goes when you're a parent though right? Besides the meltdowns we have had other activities going on as well. One fun event has been Myles' desire to wear clothing as seldom as humanly possible OR if he must wear clothes he'd like them to be his footie pajamas. Yep...He is just like his father. He BEGS me to take his clothes off. I've at least gotten him to understand that "underroos" MUST be worn at all times and he seems to realize that when we go out he has to wear clothing, but when we are home he's all about not wearing clothing. I've gotten to where I allow him to take his nap in just his underroos and you should see the pure joy on his face as he snuggles in for a nap. Insane. :-) Other than that he literally cries that his clothes are not "warm enough" and he needs his footie jammies or he will be "shivering". I find it hard to argue with because once the jammies are on he's a peach. I guess he knows comfort hu?
Naked boy sitting on his brother....


On Ash Wednesday and I took Myles to church with me and we got to spend some quality time together just the two of us. It was awesome! Not only was it a great church service, but getting to spend the time just one-on-one was really cool. I loved seeing how animated he was and how silly he was and I didn't have to worry about keeping an eye on him AND Mini Man. I am for sure going to try to do this more often with both boys.


I already mentioned that at nap time Myles loves to sleep as close to naked as possible now. The other thing he has started doing is telling me he loves me when he lays down to sleep. He also did this the other night when we were playing together and he just came and hugged me and said, I really like you mom! THIS is what gets me through the temper tantrums and the sleepless night for sure. I LOVE IT!!!

This week I have seen a HUGE jump in Ty's vocabulary. He is trying much harder to say the words that we say and is actually getting a couple pretty clearly. He even said "timber" when he and Nat were playing on the bed together and Nat was "chopping him down". Nat and I both stopped and looked at each other like, "Did you hear that too?". He is really growing up quickly!
This is the Kentucky State Motto.

2 comments:

  1. Did you have that shirt with Myles? How appropriate!! :) Do you have to have 'the talk' with Nat about dressing when he's going outside of the house. :) Hahaha did working from home in MN spoil him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom actually got that shirt for Myles. It was perfect for the toothless wonder and is now fitting for Ty since we are in KY. :-)
    All of my boys get a "talk" when we go out in public about a) putting on clothing b) not complaining about what mommy wants to do and c) not embarrassing me. It is pretty standard conversation at this point.

    ReplyDelete