There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Devo

For some reason my blog won't let me post this picture properly....I know there is probably a fix for it, but I can't figure it out and I want to post this so here is it....All messed up but here nonetheless. The boys and I have gotten into a little routine lately of reading a little devonal together in the morning at breakfast. The reason I'm posting this is because I LOVE these books!! I have had SO MANY different little devo books that just don't seem to hook me or connect. These are FANTASTIC! Super funny story about how I got these two books has to be shared here. Both books are by the same author, Sarah Young, and as you read them they are written as if Jesus is talking to you. I got the kids devo from my sweet friend to read with Myles and it was just a bit above his level when we got it so I decided to wait. Recently another dear friend gave me the adult devo and I loved it. I decided that I was going to read the kids one to Myles even if he "got it" or not. I started reading it at breakfast and discussing it with the boys after we read it. The thing I LOVE about both books is that each day the themes are the exact same and some wording is the same, but it's obviously geared towards the target age group so it varies a little. I read them both outloud and learn so much from both of them. I can't thank my sweet friends enough for these. It's the BEST way to start the day!! I HIGHLY recommend you all run out and get at least one of these books.


2 comments:

  1. We have the exact routine - different book but I LOVE that time with them and it just starts our day right. I've already been thinking about another book as we near the end of ours so thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll love this one!!

    ReplyDelete