There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

California!!!!

I seem to be right on track with my lateness when it comes to my blog posts. I am FINALLY getting to the pictures from our to MN and CA trips from exactly one month ago. My apologies to my sister who has been wanting to see the pictures from the trips. :-)

Every summer my dad's side of the family puts on a really awesome family reunion in MN on the various farms. We have called it Zinsfest and it's the place to be in June. I really would do ANYTHING in my power to make sure I don't miss it. It's right up there with Christmas as far as my favorite times of the year. This year my cousin, Matthew, was getting married to his girlfriend in early June and it was decided that the wedding would take the place of the family reunion. Family reunion.....in California....YES PLEASE!!! The thought of battling 3 kids on an airplane and then all around the city while dealing with naps and potties made me cringe though. We quickly decided I would go and Nat would stay with the kids. Nat's idea then was to have him stay on the farm with the boys and I would take Natalie with me since she could fly for free still. I figured it was a better trade off than trying to take Tyler so I took it. I KNEW that they would have a BLAST on the farm without us anyway, so off we went. Natalie, Nana, Papa, Brian, Tracy, and I.....and about 35+ Zins.

Getting ready for her first flight out of Joe Foss Airport in Sioux Falls, SD. No clue who he is really, but he has a sweet statue so we figured it was a good photo op. She was clearly not impressed.
She fell asleep AS THE PLANE WAS LANDING....HONESTLY CHILD!!! She really did well though so I shouldn't complain. Uncle Brian was doing what uncles do best....Pestering. :-)
Getting her 1st tour on a double decker bus through the city of San Francisco with her favorite Nana.
This Girl's enthusiasm is the BEST. SOOO contagious and so much fun to be around.
Getting her Forest Gump shoes on.:-) Obviously a high point for her.
"Life is like a box of chocolate."
Chillin at Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant with Auntie T. They fit all the Zins' in there at tables right next to each other. It was an absolute blast and the view was AMAZING. We got to sit and eat wonderful food (I had mac and cheese with shrimp) and look over Pier 39 and Alcatraz Island.


These pics make me giggle. Natalie LOVES mom's hair. She loves to chew on it actually. Not sure if she uses the prefect kind of product, or what, but as you can see, Natalie sees it and goes in for the kill.
Going in for the kill!!
MMMMM Good

Told you the food was good.
REALLY good!
Hanging with Papa on the pier.
SO excited to get a vacation with Nana and Papa!!
Golden Gate Bridge!

With her new found love of MOVING, she used everything to get her energy out. She is a climber for sure.
All dressed up and ready for a wedding.
Our entire crew.
My pretty ladies.
You can just tell by this  mischievous face that sitting through a wedding was not high on her priority list. She made it about 15 min before we headed out of the church. She was just cheering a bit too early. Can't blame a girl for being excited. Weddings are a big deal. :-)
My cousin Kim and I with out sweet girls. It still is crazy to me that we use to play in the creeks, have slumber parties, and have the best New Years celebrations EVER and now we are both moms!!
LOVE my sweet baby girl!(Sweet fun fact on my dress....I got it at a garage sale for $2!!)
Olive, Natalie, and Summer.....I think Olive is saying, "SHHH Natalie, you've already said enough" These sweet ladies are the Great Gandbabies of Grandma and Grandpa Zins.
All of dad's siblings made it for the wedding. So much fun!
My cousin Karyn and her daughter Tia. How GORGEOUS is that sweet girl. Best part is she REALLY is a sweet little girl.
Doing a little photo op with the table decorations from the wedding. Just couldn't resist.


Our first visit to Napa Valley. This was a castle  on a vineyard. Too bad I don't like wine.....

Maybe one of my all time favorite pictures!
IF I liked wine I'm pretty sure I would go for that bottle.
The wine connoisseurs. Tracy and I got sparkling grape juice. I LOVED it. :-)
.
Feeling right at home.....Mama loves her sheep and so did Natalie.
Standing with the grapes.
THis was the most AMAZING backyard I have ever seen. This was at the bride's parents' house. Not only was the backyard amazing but they had the coolest swing ever. My cousin Jamison wanted to try it, but was scared so I said I would do it if he did. Since I weighed less we figured I should go first. It really was SCARY because you had to JUMP to get on, and if you missed you fell on a rocky slope. Luckily I did not fall. :-) Here is the moment when we high fived. GREAT photo skills by my Sister-in-Law Tracy!!

Just chillin during a gorgeous California day.
I HAD to sneak this one in because it just makes me smile AND is kinda how I feel about the trip. It was a trip to remember and deserves a BIG HIGH FIVE!!

2 comments:

  1. How much fun! And I love that close-up picture of Natalie (kind of in the middle of the pics) with her in her pretty pink dress! What a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun trip! I cherish the time we got to spend with you and Natalie! Good times :-) Love you - miss you already.

    ReplyDelete